Rich and hearty Cheesy Dorito pie is a delicious cheat dinner. It features a canned Cresent roll dough crust, and a yummy Mexican style ground beef filling.
The cresent roll crust is so easy. Just roll the dough and fit it into your pie plate. Cresent roll pie crusts are not only very easy. They taste great too.
No cresent roll dough handy?
They are both excellent choices for this meal and easy to whip together.
A lot of the ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards or fridge.
If something is missing, this Mexican style pie is easy to flex with what you have on hand.
I added some notes into our recipe card on substitutions and ways to avoid that trip to the store you probably don’t want to make. 🙂
More Delicious Comfort Food Dinner Recipes:
Dorito Pie Recipe:
Dorito Pie is a very popular dinner recipe for kids and Dads.:) At least that is how it works in our family.
It really hits the cozy food place in your soul.
The family will devour this savory pie. And it’s easy on the cook. Win win!
Rich and hearty Dorito pie is a delicious dish. This incredibly simple dinner recipe features a cresent roll crust, cheese dorito chips baked with a yummy crunchy gound beef filling. Have it on the table in less than an hour.
- 3 Cups Nacho cheese Doritos(divided)
- 1 can cresent roll dough
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 Tablespoon of taco seasoning. (one packet)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 fresh pepper (any heat)
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Cup salsa (any heat)
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- 2 Cup Pepper jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Brown the hamburger. Mince it up into small pieces while cooking.
- Drain the meat if necessary.
- Stir in one packet of taco seasoning into the drained hamburger and add 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer until it thickens some, stirring occasionally and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Lay the cresent roll crust into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Fit the dough around the pie plate. Finish the edge as desired.
- Pour the chips into a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces.
- Layer half of the chips into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Mix together the sour cream and salsa.
- Layer the filling over the chip bed
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese over the filling
- Layer the remaining chips over the cheese.
- Pour the melted butter over the chips.
- Bake 20 minutes.
It is very simple to substitutes and add your ideas into the recipe.
- Greek Yogurt for sour cream
- cheddar cheese for the pepper jack
- Regular doritos (or other toritlla chip) for the nachos doritos.
- Substitute diced chicken for the beef. (can add bacon for a smokier flavor)
- The cresent dough crust can be made with either a can of cresent dough or a can of cresent ROLLS dough. Just overlap and fit together the triangles of dough as needed to fit your pie plate.
- You can also use any other dough pie crust you prefer. We also love this pie with the coconut oil blind baked pie crust OR our sourdough pie crust (freeze the extra dough for later or make 1/2 of the recipe).
- fresh peppers can be added to the hamburger sauté or sour cream mix.
- Use rotel tomatoes instead of salsa (watch this doesn't make the sauce too lumpy or loose.)
- Add onions to the hamburger sauté.
If you have more ideas on how to make this recipe We'd love to hear them. Please comment below and let us know how you make this recipe. 🙂
The video below is our recipe demonstration of how we made this Dortio Pie recipe:
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 48mgSodium 865mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 18g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!