Low-Sugar Cheesy Ham scones make a yummy breakfast recipe. Include them in the lunchbox. Pack them up for a picnic. Take them biking, camping and hiking.
Ham and Cheese scones are a filling, sustaining meal. They are easy to pack and take with you. Eat them like finger food.
Whip up a batch of these savory scones. Enjoy a Cheesy Ham scone for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
Watch me make these Ham and Cheese scones as a leftover ham recipe.This is a good leftover ham recipe. I made these after our family Easter celebration from my spiral ham leftovers.
I even used the leftover cheeses from our party tray. The scones were soft, tender, moist and scrumptious.
Ham and Cheese scones are the perfect ‘grab em quick’ and eat them in a hurry meal on the go. I can chomp one down and get back outside on a coffee break! Eat them warm or cold.
These scones are tasty plain, or embellished warm with butter. These can be easily dressed up or down. And they will keep you going.
Do you love muffins? Another grab food idea for you. Our Breakfast Section is full of yummy muffins, both savory and sweet that might interest you.
We ate these delicious straight off the baking sheet, like pizza, but way less messy! We ate a few throughout the day and still had leftovers. I sent some to work with Dave and He enjoyed them in his lunchbox.
Ham scones provide a nice change-up in the lunch box. The thing is these scones make a filling light meal. And they are very easy to handle.
Ham and cheese scones are tasty at any temperature. The cream coating helps keep these scones moist for several days. Just store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Put them on a pretty serving plate and set out cute dishes with tea or coffee for a delicious side dish, lunch or breakfast for company. Serve them warm with butter melting on them. And maybe use a fork this time:)
Ham and Cheese Scones Recipe:
Using Leftover Ham:
Use any types of ham you have in the fridge. I’ve used Deli ham and a picnic spiral ham leftovers. A chunkier, more textured look will result if you use a thicker cut of ham.
These scones are good with a variety of cheeses. Cheddar cheese is good but also other flavorful cheeses will work well. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
The flavor of the scones will reflect your ham and cheese choices. This is an easy scone recipe. I love it for using up ham and cheese leftovers.
How to make Cheesy Ham scones:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives.
- dd milk and mix just until incorporated. Fold in cheese, ham and onion. Mix with a large spoon and add a little more flour until the dough binds together into a wet lumpy ball. (watch the video)
- You can turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently for several minutes. OR Just place the lumpy wet dough ball on your oiled baking sheet.
- Now Press the dough into a 1″ thick circle. More or less even so it bakes well.
- Sprinkle more cheese as desired over the top of the dough OR instead of sprinkling the cheese brush the top with cream.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for thirty minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet 10 minutes. Now cut into pie shaped slices and serve.
How to knead the dough: (optional method)
- Simply roll the dough into a ball with your hands and set it on the counter with a bit of flour under it.
- Now push down with the heels of your hands until the dough ball is squished about halfway.
- Fold over the top or the dough and turn it one-quarter turn.
- Repeat this a few times until the dough texture and consistency changes into a pliable dough.
- You can now put it on your oiled baking sheet and press it into shape with no trouble.
Low-Sugar Cheesy Ham scones make a yummy breakfast. Include them in the lunchbox. Pack them up for a picnic. Take them biking, camping and hiking. Cheesy Ham scones are a filling, sustaining meal. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 213 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 588mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 10g
Low-Sugar Cheesy Ham scones make a yummy breakfast. Include them in the lunchbox. Pack them up for a picnic. Take them biking, camping and hiking. Cheesy Ham scones are a filling, sustaining meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.