These delicious frozen chocolate fruit bites are perfect for an adorable no bake treat on a holiday party tray, after school snack, or kids party. These adorable bites are Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free! A healthy dose of fruit, peanut butter, and delicious dark chocolate. Great for Christmas, Valentines. Any holiday or every day snacks will benefit from these treats!
I woke up this morning to the sounds of children on the sidewalks on the way to the bus stop on the first day back to school! I can’t believe it’s that time of year already. I’ve been looking for healthy snacks for myself and I came across a picture of chocolate covered fruit and I thought I would make a wonderful after school snack for children (and my hubby)!
They are so simple to make and don’t take a whole lot of time, just a bit of space in the freezer. These are so cute and so easy! Need a party tray snack that doesn’t need oven, or even stove top, space? Kids and adults both will enjoy these healthy treats. They are so lively and cute!
You really can’t go wrong with sweet fruit, dark chocolate, and bits of delicious chopped nuts on top. My husband and I had no problem eating them up. My poor husband has learned he always has to wait to eat his food until I’m all done running around it and re-plating it until it is picture perfect.
It’s the life of a food blogger, I often find myself staring at food in restaurants thinking about photographing it. I may have a bit of a problem, hazards of the job I suppose!
Chocolate Fruit Bites Recipe:
The only thing I would do differently is to place parchment paper(or a silicone mat) underneath the fruit bites before freezing them on the cookie sheet. I didn’t do this and I had to peel the frozen fruit off of the cookie sheet. It’s a simple fix though! Just heed my warning and place it on parchment paper.
- Chop the banana and strawberries into slices
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread one half of the fruit with peanut butter.
- Make all of the fruit into little peanut butter sandwiches and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds (you could also melt it on the stove top if you prefer)
- Continue repeating this step until all of the fruit is covered with chocolate and chopped nuts.
- Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.
- Take out of freezer and enjoy!
Pin it for Later: