Cinnamon muffins with a sugary streusel topping taste wonderful as a light breakfast muffin or snack food recipe.
These are sour cream coffee cake muffins. I LOVE using sour cream in both muffins and cupcakes. It makes a beautiful light texture that is wonderful on the tongue.
This muffin recipe adds the streusel on top for an extra sweet touch of crumble to every bite. So good.
More Muffin Recipes:
All of these muffin recipes are simple to make and so much fun to eat. Enjoy!
Making Cinnamon Streusel Muffins:
Here’s a quick visual walkthrough of this coffee cake muffin recipe. Please also watch our complete video demonstration of this recipe. The printable recipe card follows the walkthrough.
Make the Streusel:
Make the streusel first and set aside until needed just before baking the muffins.
Making the Cinnamon Sugar Muffins:
Make the streusel and prepare your 12 muffin tins. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Now make the muffin batter.
These bakery style muffins with cinnamon streusel are wonderfully light. Psst. The secret to lightness is the sour cream.
Greek yogurt can replace the sour cream and you’ll still get a light muffin. you will notice a difference in flavor however.
Helpful Amazon Links:
These are trusted products Made in the USA and well reviewed. Perfect for your baking needs.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Cinnamon muffins with a sugary streusel topping taste wonderful as a breakfast muffin. They are light and moist and keep well for several days.
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 Cup softened butter
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until it forms into small crumbs.
- Set Aside until needed.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tins with paper liners or grease them.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the softened butter, sugar and oil until smooth.
- Add two eggs one at a time. Mix between each egg until smooth.
- Put in the sour cream and vanilla. Mix all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients one third at a time to wet ingredients. Mix until the batter is smooth after each addition.
- With a large scoop or spoon fill each muffin hole 1/2 full evenly.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the batter.
- Set the pans in your preheated oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
We had extra streusel leftover so if you want to load the muffins with topping it is there to spare.
Greek yogurt can substitute for the sour cream but you will notice a different flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 35mgSodium 121mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g
We appreciate your feedback on our recipes. Please follow and tag us with your pictures of this recipe on our Instagram page.