A low Carb, Gluten free Low Sugar Crustless Bacon quiche made with Greek yogurt and fresh greens. Full of flavor and nutrition!
Just now my refrigerator is stuffed with tiny chicken eggs intermixed with some larger eggs from our old hens. Our 7 month old hens, nine of them, have kicked into high production.
Crustless Bacon Quiche makes an attractive, tasty, high protein meal. And it uses a lot of eggs. Win win!
This easy meal is a lovely garden to table recipe. Make it for brunch or a light dinner. Any greens you are growing in your garden; or find in your culinary travels, will work. if you do use kale or Swiss chard, remember to take the leafy greens off the kale ribs. The ribs are tasty, but very fibrous. The quiche texture is best with only the tender leafy part.
Crustless Bacon Quiche Recipe:
This quiche recipe uses Greek Yogurt and 2 percent milk instead of cream to reduce unnecessary fat and keep the protein high. Also the carbs are way down due to the absence of a crust.
Bacon is the only really high fat ingredient. We consider it necessary. If you don’t want the bacon, replace it with a leaner meat like low fat ham. We found bacon without the unhealthy additives! Happy days. Bacon is on our ‘favorite ingredient’ list once again!
This recipe couldn’t be easier. No crust means simple quiche!
- Just sauté, blend and mix.
- Pour it in a pie plate and bake until done.
- Cool it a bit and serve.
Delicious low carb gluten free bliss! You can choose to use whatever fresh greens you have in this Quiche. Spinach, Swiss Chard or kale! If you use frozen just be sure the greens are defrosted and drained well. You can also play with other vegetables. I used what I had on hand in my kitchen and garden. Fresh Swiss chard, kale and spinach are all wonderful in this quiche.
A low Carb, Gluten free Crustless Bacon quiche made with Greek yogurt and fresh greens. Full of flavor and nutrition!
- 2 Cups chopped spinach, swiss chard or kale
- 1/2 Lb. diced bacon
- 7 eggs
- 1 Cup low fat milk
- 1 Cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup shredded Cheese-(cheddar, pepper jack, Havarti or smoked gouda will all work)
- 1/2 Cup finely diced fresh pepper of your choice
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Recommended spices Thyme,. Italian seasonings,
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large skillet:
- Put the bacon and start it cooking, covered on medium heat.
- Dice the peppers, onions and garlic and put them in with the bacon and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Meanwhile Grease a nine inch pie plate.
In a blender:
- Put the eggs, milk and yogurt and your favorite spices. Pulse until slightly frothy.
In a large bowl:
- Combine shredded cheese, the chopped greens, the skillet and blender ingredients and stir them together.
- Pour into your greased pie plate
- Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 217mgSodium 919mgCarbohydrates 16gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 5gSugar 4gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 32g