Slightly sweet and crunchy with a fair dose of underlying creaminess. These Homemade Greek Yogurt Parfait are very popular with all generations, and very healthy!
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons fruit of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons homemade granola to taste
- Layer the yogurt alternately with the fruit and granola.
- Let your inner artist go to work if you're making individual servings for desserts.
- These can be quite pretty if you have matching parfait glasses.
- otherwise anything works!
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 6mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 14g
I have been making this treat for our family for decades now. Our kids devoured homemade yogurt as children with little or no sweetener. Just a bit of fruit preserves and homemade granola.
Then along came the grandkids and another generation of toddlers were weaned onto this amazingly healthy food. I am not kidding. Kids LOVE homemade greek yogurt parfait.
My husband and I eat this for breakfast, lunch and dessert all the time. Why are we so nuts about it? It’s a QUICK N EASY healthy treat we can change up with different fruits or granolas so it never gets old.
Homemade Greek Yogurt Parfait:
Cool, sweet and slightly crunchy. Greek yogurt parfait makes an excellent breakfast, light meal or snack. Pictured above is homemade Greek yogurt, with a fresh Blackberry sauce, in a parfait with a homemade granola sprinkled throughout. Delicious and nutritious.
There is lots of protein in the yogurt and fiber in the granola and some carbs. Just swirl it all in a cup, bowl or mini mason jar with any fruit sauce or jam or fresh fruit you desire!
Try changing out the fruits for variety. Homemade fresh raspberry sauce, Blackberry sauce, homemade Lemon Curd, and Strawberry Rhubarb sauce all are great in this recipe! All berries and fruits are amazingly good for you. If you don’t have a berry patch handy, stop by a local berry stand or farmer’s market. We eat this parfait with peaches too. So good!
[tweetthis hidden_urls=”pic.twitter.com/ORWFAajAaK”]Make yourself a #healthy #glutenfree treat! Only 211 calories in this #homemade #dessert![/tweetthis]
Make your own fruit sauces, granola and Greek Yogurt to save money and give you control over your recipes! Make it homemade and make it how you like it!
If you have an Instant potyou HAVE to try making yogurt in it. Then strain it to the thickness you enjoy. So easy! You will never go back to store bought once you taste your own. Simple, yummy and cheap. I love that.
Let’s put the parts together:
Homemade Greek yogurt and homemade granola are your kitchen helpers.
- Homemade Greek yogurt is an excellent thick creamy base for this dessert. Strain it thick!
- There are several recipes for homemade granola on this blog. All of them have graced a Greek Yogurt parfait for our family at some point.
- Add a healthy fruit or fruit sauce. These parfaits are great with low sugar jam, or any fresh fruit, low sugar canned fruit or fruit sauce. I have a recipe for blackberry sauce in my blackberry crumble bars recipe that is excellent for this parfait.
Adjust the recipe to suit yourself. The other best part of making your own Greek Yogurt, granolas, and sauces is that you can save quite a bit of money over the course of time. Better, healthier and cheaper! And your family will love it.
Here’s the printable:
Chase off winter and cool down hot summer days with this refreshing, healthy treats!