Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner uses the POT IN POT method. It is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. A nutritionally well balanced, gluten free recipe with a rice/quinoa blend and carrots. The pork is seared and has a flavorful sauce to pour over the side dishes.
By now, you know how useful your instant pot is. Right? If not we have a whole Instant pot recipe section to help you get started. Instant Pot pork dinner is a new type of dinner post for us. Instead of throwing everything in the pot and hitting the button you will need to do a tiny bit of prep involving the saute’ function and a good chopping knife. And you will need a set of stackable pots.
These are the Products I use and recommend for this meal. Except I use the glass tempered lid which comes with a couple of extra sealing rings. Those extra seals are nice to have on hand. I’m curious about the silicone lid. If you buy it please let me know how you like it!
Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner makes a meal in your instant pot with TWO stacked pots inside. I use the Ekovana Pots but any pots that stack and fit in your instant pot can work for this recipe.
Stacking pots in your pressure cooker allows you to cook an entree, like pork or chicken along with a side or two like we are doing here. I sometimes layer ingredients in my instant pot without pots. Like potatoes and hard boiled eggs.
This works great for recipes like Smoky potato salad. What a time saver. But when you want your sides distinct from your entree, POT IN POT is a good way to get it done and keep it easy.
Instant pot Pork Dinner is REALLY good. Very simple to make all in your instant pot and the clean up is fast too. The leftovers will fit in one of the Ekovana pots too. Just slide it in the fridge. This makes it easy to rewarm leftovers in your instant pot or put the leftovers on a plate and microwave them.
I use the PIP method frequently to make dinner simple and reduce the mess in my kitchen. If you have never made rice or quinoa in your instant pot you REALLY need to do this recipe. The instant pot makes wonderful rice and quinoa. Mix them or not. The instructions are the same. NOTE: Using a hard brown rice will need more time than white rice. Up the pressure cooking time to 14 minutes.
Pork chops are full of juiciness when pressure cooked in a sauce like this. After seasoning and searing the chops, pouring the sauce on and pressure cooking drives the flavor right into the meat and keeps the moisture in the chops.
We REALLY enjoy our quinoa/rice blend when its made in the instant pot. You can choose brown rice or white. Mix the rice and quinoa together for added nutrients and flavor. Such a good side for this saucy pork. And the carrots give their own sweet flavor and firm texture.
Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner Recipe Notes:
I used VERY thin cut boneless pork chops for this recipe. Keep in mind a thicker chop or bone in chop will require more time in the saute’ function. OR keep the time the same but use a hot saute’ and watch your chops so they sear but don’t burn.
Set the instant pot to saute’ and add the avocado oil.
Season the pork chops with pepper and place them into the hot oil. Be sure it’s hot enough to brown the meat but not burn it.
Sear one side of the pork chops until browned (about five minutes). Turn the chops and Add the onions, ginger and garlic.
Whisk the ketchup and brown sugar together and pour over the pork chops.
turn off the instant pot and let it sit.
prepare the carrots and set aside. (you will see I kept my carrots whole and simply cut them in half to fit the Ekovana pot.) Unless your carrots are VERY skinny I recommend you chop them into smaller pieces. Some of ours required a minute or two in the microwave.
In one Ekovana pot (or any pot that fits stacked) add the four cups water, then the rice and quinoa. Stir gently and Set aside.
Scrape the pork chops and sauce into the OTHER Ekovana pot getting as much brownings as you can. Place the cut carrots on top of the chops. If you prefer (or need more room) lay the carrots on top of the pots if they fit below the lids easily.
Add one cup water into the instant pot. Stack and Close the Ekovana pots and lower them into the instant pot. THE WAY YOU STACK THE POTS MATTERS. Put the rice on the bottom and the meat and carrots on the top of the stack.
Set the instant pot to RICE (12 minutes on low pressure). Seal and lock the lid.
Once the instant pot is done let it natural release at least 10 minutes. For thicker or bone in chops natural release completely. If you are cooking mostly raw pork chops that are thick use manual pressure on high heat for 12 minutes. Natural release completely.
Instant Pot Pork Chop Dinner uses the POT IN POT method. It is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. A nutritionally well balanced Gluten Free recipe with a rice/quinoa blend and carrots. The pork is seared and has a flavorful sauce to pour over the side dishes.
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 1/2 inch pork chops, 1/2 Inch boneless chops
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger root, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 4 cups water, or chicken broth (for the rice/quinoa)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Set the instant pot to saute' and add the avocado oil.
- Season the pork chops with pepper and place them into the hot oil.
- Sear one side of the pork chops until browned. Turn the chops and Add the onions, ginger and garlic.
- Mix the ketchup and brown sugar together and pour over the pork chops.
- turn off the instant pot and let it sit.
- Prepare the carrots by washing, peeling and cutting them in half to fit the pot. Cut the large end lengthwise to ensure complete cooking. Set aside.
- In one Ekovana pot (or any pot that fits stacked) add the four cups water, rice and quinoa. Set aside.
- scrape the pork chops and sauce into the OTHER Ekovana pot getting as much brownings as you can. Place the cut carrots on top of the chops. (If you run out of room try laying the carrots on top after inserting the PIP.
- Add one cup and a half of water into the instant pot. Stack and Close the Ekovana pots and lower them into the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to RICE (12 minutes on low pressure). Seal and lock the lid.
- Once the instant pot is done let it natural release at least 10 minutes.
If you are using thick bone in chops or hard brown rice the cooking time needs to increase to 12 minutes on high pressure.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536