Crunchy, fresh, spicy flavor poised on a chip! Add this invigorating, Crisp Cucumber salsa to your next party event. Treat your family at home, our crowd devours this refreshing Low-Sodium, Low-Sugar, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free salsa.
I REALLY wanted to make this crisp cucumber salsa today. It uses cucumbers which are overwhelming us at the moment. Our greenhouse is loaded with ripe, delicious, slicing cucumbers. I needed to use them! So today is that day. This salsa is so interesting and different from the red salsas we usually eat. If you want to make red salsa too try our Back of the Envelope Salsa.
Dave is going to zero right in on that empty spot in the garden bed and give me ‘the look’. But, He loves salsa. I’m banking on that! I’m even saving back a few onion slices for him to put in his hamburger tonight. My eyes are watering as I mince it. That onion is ready!
Crisp Cucumber Salsa Recipe Notes:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately with chips or refrigerate
Crisp Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups cucumber-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato-finely chopped and seeded
- 1/4 cup red or white onion-chopped small
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley-minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper- seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro-minced
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or pink himalayan salt
In a medium sized bowl, combine the prepared cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
Serve immediately with Tortilla chips or refrigerate