Cranberry Raspberry Brie Bites are a fast, easy appetizer for your holiday party. Make them in your 24 hole mini muffin tin in half an hour! These are a nutritionally balanced, vegetarian, low sodium appetizer. Perfect for any crowd!
Tis the season for parties! I hope you and your loved ones are having lots of fun together. Parties are all over the place between now and New Years. What to bring to the party table that is quick, easy, nutritious and yummy? I have just the thing!
One of our family’s very favorite flavor combinations is cranberry-raspberry. I had both fresh homemade cranberry sauce and fresh raspberries. My wheels started turning.
These small, bite-sized appetizers won’t spoil the appetite, are fairly healthy… and delicious! I added Puff Pastry (here is a link to an organic brand) and Brie Cheese (find out more about Brie cheese here) into the creative process. These little yums have Only five ingredients and go together easily.
Cranberry Raspberry Brie Bites can be served warm or cold or even the next day! Once baked and cooled these are not messy! They are quite easily served from a tray with no plates or silverware needed.
I made 24 of these for my husband and I yesterday. He ate the whole tray by himself (well I might have had a few). He wants more soon! If you love cranberry-raspberry flavor, with a hint of brie and thyme, this recipe is for you, and your next party!
Recipe Notes on Cranberry Raspberry Brie Bites:
Note: I used sheets of Puff Pastry in this recipe, NOT Phyllo Dough, this recipe does not work with sheets of phyllo dough. Please use puff pastry sheets! The result is a soft, pillowy, doughy crust.
If you prefer a really easy, crispy crust, try Frozen mini Fillo Cups. See the crust they make at my Low Carb Chorizo Spinach Filo Cup Appetizers post. They are a crisper, thinner crust. Pop them in the mini muffin pans, fill them and bake! Cranberry raspberry brie bites should be delicious with either crust.
Ready in a half hour, as soon as they are cool enough to eat without burning your mouth! Whip these up quick and enjoy!
- Start with a greased 24 hole mini muffin tray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay out a sheet of thawed(but still coldly firm) puff pastry and Cut into 24 equal squares. Fit each square into a hole.(OR simply place the thawed filo cups in the muffin holes).
- Cut the rind off your COLD Brie cheese wheel or wedge and form small balls to lay on the pastry.
- Combine the fresh raspberries and whole cranberry sauce together. Drop by 1/2 to 1 Teaspoonfuls over the Brie.
- Sprinkle Fresh or dried Thyme leaves lightly over the top (as desired)
- Bake for 10 minutes immediately remove from mini muffin tray using a sharp knife to detach from tray as needed. (some of the cheese will boil onto the tray)
- Remove to cooling rack. Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with extra Thyme and Cranberry Raspberry sauce as desired.
- These store well in the fridge. Let warm to room temperature for serving. Refresh as desired with garnishes.
Update: I have made Cranberry Raspberry Brie Bites twice now. Both times they were immediately devoured. The only thing about these is using too much cheese. They may boil over in the oven. I recommend putting a baking sheet under them (next rack down) to catch the drips or your smoke alarm may come to the party!
This recipe is part of 35 Cranberry recipes with Festive Flavor by Autostraddle.com. If you need more cranberry recipes, Hop on over!