Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes are a Scrumptious Low-Sodium, Low-sugar, Gluten-free, Dairy-Free appetizer. Make up a tray for your next party. Watch these healthy treats disappear in a hurry.
It’s always fun to find new ways to make healthy treats. I had some sweet potatoes and bacon I needed to use up. After a quick tour of the internet I found this recipe. It could NOT be simpler. Only TWO ingredients! Well, three if you use the cayenne powder. Which I did not.
I just wrapped the bacon over the sweet potatoes and baked them! Sweet potatoes and bacon are great flavor friends. They taste delicious together, and sweet potatoes are actually healthier if accompanied by fat in a recipe! Use a non processed natural bacon if you can find it. That makes the bacon fat tasty and pretty healthy too. NICE!
Go to the link on the sweet potatoes to find out more about their amazing health benefits. If you begin with organic sweet potatoes and natural bacon, you will have a nutritionally worthwhile family treat or party appetizer.
Dave and I ate all but four of these yummy treats as a side for dinner! These bite sized pops of flavor go down easy. So be careful. These are best served to a large crowd so you’re not overly tempted!
These are well tested on many football fans. This is an excellent choice for tailgating and Game day.
Bacon wrapped Sweet Potatoes Recipe Notes:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel sweet potatoes
- Cut into one inch square (as possible) chunks
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over potatoes for some added kick. (I didn’t do that-Mine were still delicious.)
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each sweet potato square with a half slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
- Serve immediately on a tray!
These may be reheated successfully next day. This makes them a candidates for a quick make ahead appetizer.
If you Purchase items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commision at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
76 CALORIES/ serving:
- Fat 8% 6 g
- Carbs 1% 5 g
- Protein 4% 2 g
Your Printable Recipe
- 6 slices bacon-cut into half, 12 pieces
- 2 medium sweet potato-peeled
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut peeled sweet potatoes into into one inch square (as possible) chunks
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over potatoes.(I didn't do that-still delicious!)
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each sweet potato piece with a half slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.(may have to adjust sweet potato size for best fit)
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, turning once.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 76
If you enjoy this recipe Please Share it with your friends. We would love a rating on this recipe and your comments on how it went for you. Thanks!
A few Party food ideas you may enjoy:
I found this recipe at Pedersons Natural farms.Enjoy!