Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes are a Scrumptious Low-Sodium, Low-sugar, Gluten-free, Dairy-Free appetizer. Make up a tray for your next party. Watch these healthy treats disappear in a hurry.
It’s always fun to find new ways to make healthy treats. I had some sweet potatoes and bacon I needed to use up. After a quick tour of the internet I found this recipe. It could NOT be simpler. Only TWO ingredients! Well, three if you use the cayenne powder. Which I did not. I just wrapped the bacon over the sweet potatoes and baked them! Putting Sweet potatoes and bacon together works well in another way too! They taste delicious together, and sweet potatoes are actually healthier if accompanied by fat in a recipe! NICE! Go to the link on the sweet potatoes to find out more about their amazing health benefits. If you begin with organic sweet potatoes and natural bacon, you will have a nutritionally worthwhile family treat.
Dave and I ate all but four of these yummy treats as a side for dinner! These bite sized pops of flavor go down easy. So be careful. These are best served to a large crowd so you’re not overly tempted!
Bacon wrapped Sweet Potatoes Recipe Notes:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel sweet potatoes
- Cut into one inch square (as possible) chunks
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over potatoes.(I didn’t do that-still delicious!)
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each sweet potato square with a half slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
- Serve immediately on a tray!
- These may be reheated successfully next day. This makes them a candidates for a quick make ahead appetizer!