Crunchy, fresh, spicy flavor poised on a chip! Add this invigorating, Crisp Cucumber salsa to your next party or Cinco De mayo recipe. OR Treat your family at home.
Our crowd devours this refreshing Low-Sodium, Low Carb, Low-Sugar, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free salsa. And it’s good for you.
Cucumbers are overwhelming us at the moment. Our greenhouse is loaded with ripe, delicious, slicing cucumbers. We LOVE our greenhouse cucumbers and won’t waste one.
This Crisp Cucumber Salsa recipe is tried and true. We make it every summer when the counters fill up with lovely sweet green cucumbers.
We wait all year to make this cucumber salsa. It’s so good! It makes a great pico de gallo style recipe. And it’s great with tortilla chips.
In Fact, this is a repost of our old favorite recipe. New pics and recipe card update. Now you have the nutritional information so you can see how healthy this salsa is!
This salsa is so interesting and different from the red salsas we usually eat. If you want to make red salsa too try our Back of the Envelope Salsa.
If you are looking to CAN salsa try our Fresh Tomato salsa to can recipe.
We love fresh cucumbers sliced up and eaten. All by themselves. OR with a bit of Ranch Dressing.
Cucumber salsa is another one of our favorite ways to use up those cukes. It’s a GREAT Garden to table recipe.
If you have never had veggies other than store bought and don’t want to grow your own. Try a farmers market or your local food co-op. Get some good local garden produce.
Beg from your family or friends. Jump the neighbors garden fence (with permission of course). It’s a whole new world of food when your making recipe like this one with the freshest organic produce.
We have used a combination of store bought and garden harvested veggies in this recipe every time. We will alway have to buy the lemons and limes since they don’t grow in our climate zone.
And you MUST have them in the cucumber and onion party appetizer.
The dressing on this cucumber recipe is perfectly zingy without being overwhelming. It picks up the flavors of the veggies and WOW! Great flavor combo!
Cucumbers are so versatile that way. They are just a great ingredient in this recipe and make easy party food.
This homemade salsa recipe is really delicious and makes a fantastic chip dip recipe. Try this for your Cinco De Mayo Food menu.
Let us know how you make this work as your next appetizer. It’s a great party food idea. Salsa is so versatile!
Crisp Cucumber Salsa Recipe Notes:
These cucumbers are so sweet I’m putting them in with their skins on since they are not bitter. Just crisp cucumber flavor. I love that dark green pop of color in the salsa!
- You can use either Corinto Cucumbers or similar type. English cucumbers are firmer and also work but will give you a slightly different texture. Let us know which you choose.
- To reduce prep time use your food processor to chop the veggies. This WILL change the appearance of the salsa but it will taste just fine.
- For the prettiest restaurant style salsa presentation hand chopping is recommended. Once you get the veggies prepped this is a ten minute recipe. I recommend you dice the tomatoes by hand and even the cucumbers for the best look.
- If you plan to hand chop as I did this time, get a good set of knives. I used my old worn out set and it added time and effort. A sharp knife is worth its weight in gold. I never seem to keep one!
- If you really love some zip in your salsa you may want a more powerful pepper. We love this recipe EXACTLY this way. But go ahead and experiment with the green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine the prepared cucumber, tomato, onion, parsley, Jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and seasoned salt.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate covered.
Seriously fantastic fresh side dish and party food. Enjoy!
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Crunchy, fresh, spicy flavor poised on a chip! Add this invigorating, Crisp Cucumber salsa to your next party event. Treat your family at home, our crowd devours this refreshing Low-Sodium, Low-Sugar, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free salsa. Using your food processor to chop the veggies works great and speeds up the prep time a lot. It WILL make your salsa a bit less beautiful but it will taste great. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 24 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 58mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
Crunchy, fresh, spicy flavor poised on a chip! Add this invigorating, Crisp Cucumber salsa to your next party event. Treat your family at home, our crowd devours this refreshing Low-Sodium, Low-Sugar, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free salsa.
Using your food processor to chop the veggies works great and speeds up the prep time a lot. It WILL make your salsa a bit less beautiful but it will taste great.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.