This delicious cocktail is made with Crown Royal Apple, and Black Velvet Caramel Whiskey. The sweet taste of apple cider and cozy cold weather drinks resonate strongly with this whiskey mixed drink.
Smooth and delicious, this drink is perfect for parties or an intimate coze on a chill night.
More Fall and Winter Drinks:
Visit our Complete Cocktail Section for more Alcoholic drinks ideas
Crown Royal Apple Salted Caramel Whiskey Recipe::
The cozy chilly nights get warmer and sweeter with this delicious blend of two whiskies.
The apple and caramel flavors bring the whiskey into your mouth with a wave of sweet warmth. A backend bite of lemony fizz and ice speaks strongly to the Fall season.
This is a sweet drink that Fall lovers will appreciate.
Both Crown royal whiskey and black Velvet make good whiskey drinks. Blending these two flavored whiskies together makes a delicious fall cocktail.
Crown royal introduced Crown Royal Regal Apple in the Fall of 2014. Regal Gala Apples are infused with alcohol. Further blending and distilling produces this excellent smooth flavored apple whisky.
Black Velvet introduced their toasted Caramel flavor in 2012. It’s sweet and luscious in this whiskey cocktail.
This flavored Black velvet whiskey is a favorite with sweet drink lovers. If your not sure you like whisky try this black Velvet drink. It’s a winner for beginner whisky drinkers.
Fresh lemon and ginger ale provide a bit of a tartness and a bubbly base for this sweet comforting drink.
Both of the whiskies and the ginger ale (Canada Dry Brand) are Canadian born. Who knows better how to warm your bones on a cold day?
Rimming the Glass and Garnish:
We show you in our video how to rim the glass with caramel sauce and kosher salt. NOTE: The caramel will slightly fall down the sides of the glass.
The caramel sauce melts the kosher salt to give you a dose of the salted caramel flavor from the rim.
If you choose not to rim the glass with the caramel sauce wet the glass rim with the lemon and rim the glass with the salt. This will provide a much more powerful salted flavor with the toasted caramel whisky.
It’s all about how sweet or salted you like your drink.
Here is a visual step by step followed by a list and your printable recipe card. You may also watch our video on making this Fall drink.
- Chill the glass
- Rim the glass with the caramel and salt
- Squeeze your lemon
- Measure and pour in the other ingredients.
- Stir and Garnish.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
A yummy whiskey mixed drink with both crown royal whiskey and black velvet toasted caramel. This Fall drink has a crisp apple and sweet caramel flavor. Smooth and delicious .
- 1 oz. Crown royal Regal Apple Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Black Velvet Toasted Caramel whiskey
- .5 oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. ginger ale
Rim the Glass:
- Lay out two small plates
- on one plate pour caramel sauce
- on the other plate pour large grind salt
- Invert your glass so it's flat into the caramel sauce.
- Turn it over and let the sauce settle on the rim.
- Now invert the glass into the salt. Lift and make your cocktail.
- Fill your whiskey glass with ice as desired leaving room for the cocktail and apple slices.
- Measure and pour all the ingredients into your ice filled glass.
- Use Caramel Sauce and large grind salt to make your rim if you want that bit of sweet salt flavor added to the warm tones of this drink.
- Slice up red apple Slices and arrange them in your drink.
we used caramel Black velvet for our caramel whiskey. Crown Royal salted caramel whiskey or other brand will also work but will alter the flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Premium Cocktail Mixing Glass Set - Thick Bottom 18oz - 550ml - Seamless Lead Free Crystal Mixing Glass, Jigger, Strainer & Muddler - Professional Quality - Makes a Great Gift
- Elite 23-Piece Bartender Kit Cocktail Shaker Set by BARILLIO: Stainless Steel Bar Tools With Sleek Bamboo Stand, Velvet Carry Bag & Recipes Booklet | Ultimate Drink Mixing Adventure
- Premium Whiskey Glasses - Lead Free Hand Blown Crystal - Thick Weighted Bottom - 12oz Set of 2 - Seamless Design - Perfect for Scotch, Bourbon and Old Fashioned Cocktails
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 222 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 46mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g