Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies satisfy the taste buds with a luscious blend of flavors.
Rich dark chocolate and sweet cookie dough adds depth to the flavors of the traditional chocolate chip cookies we all love.
Traditional cookies are carb bombs with too much sweet. Replace the milk chocolate with a true dark chocolate chips for a gourmet twist that also makes them a tiny bit better for you.
Add these high energy snacks to the lunch box, backpack and cookie jar. Choosing a true dark chocolate with over 70% dark chocolate adds antioxidants to your cookies.
Dark chocolate has lots of great health benefits. Learn more in This article by Healthline. Use Dark chocolate chips rather than milk chocolate chips in these cookies to add nutrients and bring down the sugar (a little).
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
We have SO many cookie recipes on the blog you will love. Here are just a few of our favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You can replace the milk chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips in any traditional cookie recipe that calls for regular chips.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
These dark chocolate chip cookies will be noticeably less sweet. but much richer and SO good. This recipe is blended to give you a really nice flavor mix of the sweet cookie dough and rich deep dark chocolate flavor only a really good dark chocolate can offer.
Do NOT bother buying a bag labeled dark chocolate chips with less than 70%. And keep your eye on the sugar content of the chips. you want a less sweet high dark chocolate content chip.
Dark chocolate chips with under 70% dark chocolate is basically a marketing ploy. Read the label. Fill your dark chocolate cookie recipe with the full benefits of deeply dark chocolate.
Healthier Ingredient Options:
We don’t consider these cookies health food. You can replace the sugar with coconut sugar or maple syrup to bring down the glycemic level of these cookies. Or use your favorite sugar free sweetener.
I have never used almond flour for this recipe. but we had great success with almond flour in these Almond Flour cookies. If you do try almond flour in these cookies please let us know how you did it.
In. the past, I have added 1/4 ground flax meal for extra fiber and replaced the butter with 3/4 Cup coconut oil for healthier fats. The cookies turned out great.
Let us know how you enjoy these cookies best!
Choc full of delicious organic dark chocolate chips. These cookies have lots of antioxidants for high energy carbs that count positively in the health column.
- 3 Cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 10 oz. bag dark chocolate chips (use large sized chips for more chocolate impact)
- 1 Cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gather your ingredients
- In a larger bowl, Add granulated sugar, butter, and brown sugar.
- Beat together until creamy.
- Add one egg and blend it in. Now add the second egg and blend it in as well. Blend in the vanilla now.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and soda in a small bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture, in small additions, into the wet ingredients.
- Mix after each addition until all the dry is used.
- Stir in the nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons (or use a cookie scoop) onto an un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned. (this may vary in your oven)
- When slightly browned remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes on the cookie sheets.
- Remove to cooling racks.
Use dark chocolate chips with over 70% dark chocolate for the best flavor and to get the health benefits of dark chocolate.
We used the large size chocolate chips but you can also use the regular sized dark chocolate chips. These can also be made with dark chocolate chunks if you want that big melty chocolate cookie.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 25mgSodium 115mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Simple Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Green Apple Jolly Rancher Drink
- Simply Delicious Chocolate Ganache
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Jalapeños
- White Gummy Bear Shot