Greek yogurt parfait is an amazing greek yogurt recipe. It’s so delicious and healthy. What a great way to feed your family.
I have been making this greek yogurt dessert for our family for decades now. Our kids devoured homemade yogurt as children with little or no sweetener. Just a bit of fruit preserves or fruit sauce and homemade granola.
Then along came the grandkids and another generation of toddlers were weaned onto this amazingly healthy food. I am not kidding. Kids LOVE homemade plain greek yogurt recipes. It’s so rich and creamy they eat it without sugar or flavorings.
My husband and I eat some version of greek yogurt parfait all the time. Why are we so nuts about it? It’s a QUICK N EASY healthy treat we can change up with different fruits or granolas so it never gets old.
Put it together in minutes. With no cooking required.
Greek Yogurt Parfait Recipe:
Cool, sweet and slightly crunchy. Greek yogurt parfait makes an excellent breakfast, light meal or snack. Homemade Greek yogurt, with fresh berries or berry sauce with a homemade granola sprinkled throughout. Delicious and nutritious.
There is lots of protein and nutrients in Greek yogurt. Homemade Granola offers fiber and sustaining carbs. Any kind of fresh fruits are wonderful in this recipe. Just swirl it all in a cup, bowl or mini mason jar. Add any fruit sauce or fresh fruit preserves you desire.
All berries and fruits are amazingly good for you. If you don’t have a berry patch handy, stop by a local berry stand or farmer’s market. We eat this parfait with peaches too. Try it with kiwi and avocado.
And if you want something new give figs a shot. Everything goes well with plain greek yogurt.
If you have an Instant pot you HAVE to try making yogurt in it. Then strain it to the thickness you enjoy. So easy! You will never go back to store bought once you taste your own. Simple, yummy and cheap. I love that.
Make your own fruit sauces, granola and Greek Yogurt to save money and give you control over your recipes. Make it homemade and make it how you like it!Homemade Food Junkie
Let’s put the parts together:
Homemade Greek yogurt and homemade granola are your kitchen helpers.
- Homemade Greek yogurt is an excellent thick creamy base for this dessert. Strain it thick!
- There are several recipes for homemade granola on this blog. All of them have graced a Greek Yogurt parfait for our family at some point.
- Add a healthy fruit or fruit sauce. These parfaits are great with low sugar jam, or any fresh fruit, low sugar canned fruit or fruit sauce. I have a recipe for blackberry sauce in my blackberry crumble bars recipe that is excellent for this parfait.
Adjust this plain Greek yogurt recipe to suit yourself. The other best part of making your own Greek Yogurt, granolas, and berry sauces is that you can save quite a bit of money over the course of time.
Better, healthier and cheaper! And your family will love it.
Here’s the printable Recipe:
- Make a Layer of plain greek yogurt into the bottom of your parfait glass or jar.
- Pour granola, sauce and fruit over the yogurt.
- Add another layer of yogurt over the berries and granola.
- Top with more berries, sauce and granola.
Greek yogurt parfaits can be made in any way you want with whatever fruit, sauces or granola you have on hand.
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 6mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 14g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Simple Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Green Apple Jolly Rancher Drink
- Simply Delicious Chocolate Ganache
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Jalapeños
- White Gummy Bear Shot