Delicious healthy Olive Garden Minestrone soup is full of wonderful satisfying flavors and textures.
If made without the cheese garnish this is a vegan minestrone.
We include both the stove top and the Instant Pot Minestrone soup method for your convenience.
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is an experience worth bringing home. So we did. Here is our take on this famous Italian soup recipe.
When you make your food at home you can choose the best and freshest quality ingredients.
You can also change up the recipe with inventive spices and vegetables your family enjoys.
Try garden roasted red peppers, or add a bit of homemade sun dried tomatoes.
Healthy Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe:
Home grown food and homemade recipes is the best way to ensure your family enjoys a healthy minestrone soup. And a healthy life.
- Olive oil
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- chopped zucchini
- chopped onion
- kidney beans
- Great Northern bean
- diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- Italian seasonings
- baby shell pasta
- vegetable broth
- Baby spinach
For vegan minestrone soup omit the parmesan. Sprinkle your favorite garnish on top of the finished soup.
- Chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Healthy Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Delicious healthy Olive Garden Minestrone soup is full of wonderful satisfying flavors and textures. If made without the cheese garnish this is a vegan minestrone. We have both the stove top and Instant Pot method for your convenience.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup celery-chopped
- 1/2 Cup carrots-chopped
- 1 zucchini-chopped
- 1 onion-diced
- 1 Tablespoons garlic-minced
- 14 oz. Can diced tomatoes
- 4 Cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup tomato paste (6 oz. can)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1/2 Cup green beans- fresh or frozen
- 1 14 oz. Can Great Northern Small white beans
- 14 oz. Can kidney beans
- 1/2 Cup small shell pasta (USE firmer pasta for instant pot)*
- 2 Cups Baby spinach
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper
- Parmesan cheese-omit for vegans
- chopped curly Italian parsley
Stove Top Method:
- Set a large pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Pour in the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, carrots, zucchini into the hot oil.
- Sauté until vegetables are soft. (5 to 10 minutes)
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Add the diced tomatoes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and tomato paste
- Add the frozen or fresh green beans.
- Add the kidney and great northern beans.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the top.
- Add pasta to the Soup.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook on medium heat 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and pour in spinach.
- Stir in the baby spinach
- Garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Method:
NOTE: For this method use a firmer pasta than called for in the stovetop method to ensure a tender but firm pasta. OR cook the pasta separately to ensure it comes out perfectly.
- Set the instant pot to Sauté.
- Add the oil and let it heat to medium.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery and zucchini.
- Sauté until the vegetables are soft. (5 minutes)
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add the broth, tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- Add in the fresh green beans and stir.
- Add the kidney and small white beans.
- Add pasta and stir. (See Notes)
- Lock the lid and seal.
- Set the instant pot to manual for 5 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Open the pot and stir in the spinach.
- Serve in bowls with garnish as desired.
This soup is vegan without the parmesan garnishing.
Note the video below is our stovetop method.
If you are using the instant pot method use a firmer noodle for best results. OR cook your pasta separately and stir it in with the spinach.
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 1mgSodium 544mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 9g
The Olive Garden restaurant is a yummy place to enjoy good family food.