Organic No-Bake cookies. Chock full of nutritious oatmeal, peanut butter, dark chocolate; these are a wonderful, gluten free, treat to have in your recipe box. Whip up a batch and take them on the road to parties, picnics, lunchbox; at the park or in the backyard. Kids adore them and so does everyone else.
These are a sweet treat; almost like homemade chocolate candy, so respect the high sugar and fat when considering the portions. I used all organic ingredients and it does make a difference. The cookies take a little longer to set up. The flavor is fabulous!!
In my continuing efforts to placate my husbands voracious sweet tooth I had to start playing with this old favorite cookie(read delicious chocolate candy) recipe. No bakes have been in my baking repertoire since he told me about them thirty years ago.
I had never heard of cookies that didn’t need to go into the oven. So, after he begged me to make them, I went to his sister, Linda, and she hooked me up with a great recipe. Whenever he needs a special little goody in a hurry, these are a popular choice.
I’m on a campaign to reduce the unnecessary sweets and replace the high sugar diet with a better one. I’ve found a few no bake cookie recipes I may try with totally different ingredients; but once in a while….there is really no replacing these delicious treats. So I’m keeping them in my recipe box with this healthier updated version.
Organic No Bake Cookie Recipe:
I recommend using organic coconut oil and organic sugar for the best results. I have made this recipe using coconut sugar. That works and they taste delicious but they are gooier even after several hours setting. For a firmer cookie use organic granulated sugar.
Allow the cookies to completely harden before putting onto your serving plate or in a cookie jar. Setting these cookies may take several hours at room temperature if you are using the coconut sugar. Put them in the fridge for a faster set. If you like them gooey, you can eat them from the wax paper before completely firm. YUMMY!!!
YOUR PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD:
Organic No-Bake Cookies are an updated version of America's traditional favorite cookie recipe. Organic ingredients and healthy fats give these cookies a nutritional boost.
- 2 C organic white sugar or coconut sugar
- 4 Tablespoons organic dark cocoa powder
- 1 stick organic butter or 1/2 Cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 C organic milk
- 1/2 C organic peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups organic rolled oatmeal
- n a 2 qt. saucepan, melt butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. The organic cocoa will need a lot of whisking to thoroughly dissolve so whisk it until it comes to a boil.
- Let boil while stirring constantly; for exactly one minute!
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add the peanut butter and stir until it melts. Add in the vanilla and oats and thoroughly stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place tin foil or waxed paper on the counter and spoon the mixture quickly onto the surface with a teaspoon, in little cookie shaped globs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84