Instant pot cheesy cauliflower potato soup is an easy, gluten free one pot dinner made in your Instant Pot. Enjoy the rich flavor of creamy potato, cheese and bacon with cauliflower to add nutritious fiber and reduce calories!
Our garden potato towers and barrels gave us a good load of spuds to use up this winter. We grew mostly white and red potato and a few purple potatoes too! Our cauliflower crop was pretty minor this year so I bought a medium head to add to this dinner. Potatoes and cauliflower are great together with the cheese and bacon. Yum! and easy 🙂
Looking for a crock pot version of potato soup? Try our loaded Baked Potato Crock Pot Soup. Looking for more Instant pot recipes? Try Instant Pot Six Gun Chili and Instant Pot Meaty Italian Pasta Dinner.
My Instant pot is pretty much my new kitchen BFF. I used to bestow that title to my crock pot. I love cooking easy healthy meals that are ready without fuss right at mealtime. After I cracked my third crock pot in less than two years it became clear I needed a different cooking option. This Instant Pot is it! Stainless steel cooking pot and seven different function keys has won my heart!
And look what a great soup it made in very little time. The hardest part of this recipe is to peel the potatoes. If you don’t mind the skins and have organic potatoes peeling them is absolutely optional.
Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe:
One of my favorite things about the instant pot is that it saute’s right in the pot. No extra skillet required!
- Set Instant pot to saute. Press the + adjust button.
- Prep and add in bacon and garlic. Cook about four minutes or until bacon is cooked to slightly browned.
- Add in the peeled potatoes, chopped cauliflower and chicken stock. Place lid on and push vent to seal.
- Press manual button and Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Turn pot off.
- Natural release for 10 minutes. Quick release until pressure is totally released.
- Remove the instant pot lid. Add in the milk and 1 1/4 Cup of the cheese. Mash the potatoes and cauliflower with a potato masher or immersion blender until you like the consistency. Add more broth as desired.
- Serve with remaining cheese shreds and bacon crumbles on top as desired.
This recipe is featured in 15 Instant Pot Recipes You Can make In Your RV
Adapted from the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Laurel Randolph