Instant Pot Meaty Italian Pasta dinner is based on our old favorite Beef Noodle skillet dinner with a few twists. Not to worry! Beef Noodle Skillet Dinner Recipe is still on the blog. It’s just had a makeover of pictures. Along with the original skillet instructions it also has instant pot directions. Click the recipe link above and you will find our old family favorite. It is a completely different flavor profile from Meaty Italian Pasta Dinner. They both deserve a place to shine! And both now have instant pot instructions!
Did I tell you yet how much I am enjoying my new instant pot? This dinner is just cementing the love affair.
This is an easy noodle dinner made in one pot with almost no work in the same amount of time (or less) than my skillet! I LOVE that I can sauté in this instant pot, throw in the rest of the ingredients, batten down the hatches and pressure cook up a delicious quick dinner.
I can even use this same pot to store the leftovers in my fridge. Truly a one pot meal machine and I don’t have to watch it. Try my Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Soup and Instant Pot Six Gun Chili too. Yummy!
The noodles in this meaty Italian dinner came out perfect. Skillet pasta dinners require a lot of watching to make sure the noodles come out right. This recipe is all hands off once that pressure cooker lid is sealed. No more running back and forth to the stove checking on it. Quick release and serve!
Instant pot is my New best friend in the kitchen. It’s been a bit of a learning curve since pressure cooking is new to me. The more I use this wonder machine the better I like it! Seriously, not to belabor the point too much but this instant pot is pretty darned wonderful!
I bought it because my slow cooker broke. The instant pot has a stainless cooking pot that will NOT crack. I’m done with slow cooking crock pots. They crack! (three in the last two years!)
I made my Crock Pot Hamburger soup in the instant pot recently by slow cooking it with the glass lid for venting. Now I know I can make any of my slow cooker recipes right in the DUO. They are pretty close in price and the Instant Pot does so much more than slow cook. That’s Good news for me since I don’t have room on my counter for both!
This Instant Pot Duo slow cooks, pressure cooks and so much more! Here are some Really cool things about the instant pot:
- This is a ‘set it and forget it’ machine. I love making dinner in one pot. You saute, add the remaining ingredients, set the pressure cooker and wait for the pot to ding. Since this meal has your entire dinner in it, go take a break. You can’t watch this pot. Make a salad if you like 🙂
- Set the controls and walk away until it dings. I also bought the glass lid accessory and the silicon pot holders to keep life easy. If you don’t have the glass lid try your round crock pot lid to see if it fits. Just use a vented lid of any kind that fits the pot.
- The flavor of our recipes pressure cooked in instant pot is superior to the skillet or slow cooker. The flavor stays in the food instead of escaping into the kitchen.
- Instant pot pressure cooking is a more nutritious way to cook and conserves energy over other methods.
Update: This was my first pasta meal in the Instant pot and I’m VERY happy with it. I have made several other pasta dishes in my instant pot. Mediterranean Pasta Chicken Dinner, and Beef Noodle Skillet Dinner both work well in the instant pot and I’m working on more pasta recipes for you. Here is our entire selection of Instant Pot recipes for you.
Instant Pot Meaty Italian Pasta Dinner:
UPDATE: A few cooks have had problems with this dish burning. To correct that problem I adjusted the manual pressure to low. The Bow Tie noodles still cook fine in five minutes. This is a saucy dish. After you make it once you can adjust this recipe to suit yourself.
The pasta always comes out perfect for me. Cautionary NOTE: Don’t use very thin egg noodles or other thin noodles for this recipe. I have had good luck with penne noodles and spiral noodles and the bow ties.
I used my frozen homemade roasted peppers and frozen whole tomatoes from our organic garden. Use jarred roasted peppers and canned whole or diced tomatoes if that’s what you have. I adjusted the recipe for you.
This recipe is full of Italian flavor with the roasted peppers, Tomatoes, garlic and Mozzarella. It reminds me of the flavor of a lasagna on a local Italian restaurant menu. One of our favorites!
- Select saute’ function. After one minute add the oil. (do NOT wait for the instant pot to say hot)
- Add the meat and break it up into bite sized chunks and cook until completely browned. (I use the GLASS lid during saute’ to keep the splatters in the pot).
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped peppers and stir.
- Pour in the uncooked pasta.
- Stir in the liquids and tomatoes.
- Secure the PRESSURE COOKING lid.
- Select the MANUAL function. Use the adjust button to set the time for 5 minutes.
- Find the PRESSURE buttons (located above the manual button) and set the pressure to LOW.
- Seal the vent.
- This recipe should take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- When the five minute pressure cooking is done turn the instant pot OFF and use quick release. The pasta should be completely cooked but not mushy. If it needs a few more minutes, hit the Saute’ function button and cook until you’re happy with the noodles. (mine came out perfect without this extra step)
- At serving Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the top for flavor and garnish as desired.
This Recipe is featured in 14 Recipes That Will Convince You To Buy An Instant Pot. Lots of great instant pot recipes in this collection!
Recipe adapted from The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Book