Rich, creamy decadent New York Style cheesecake made easily in your Instant pot! A small cheesecake perfect for a family night treat, a small dinner party or a romantic dessert for two.
My hubby and I ADORE cheesecake. The dessert section of this blog has many gorgeous cheesecakes due to our indulgences in this creamy, delectable dessert. The Instant Pot is a great way to make a small one just the perfect size for Dave and I. The big surprise is how good Instant pot cheesecake is!
Cheesecake is a good option for a make ahead dessert. Remember, all cheesecakes need time to set up properly. My family is guilty of eating cheescake still warm from the oven in cups with spoons because we simply could not wait. But really, the best cheesecake texture and flavor are achieved by a night in the fridge before serving time. Check out all our cheesecakes recipes here.
I admit to hesitancy when I first discovered cheesecake could be made in an instant pot. My first thought was ” Should it be made that way?” I didn’t want to wreck a good cheesecake dessert. I researched and discovered the instant pot is a great way to cook a cheesecake. In much less time!
The reliable oven method of cheesecake baking requires a water bath to perfectly bake cheesecake evenly without cracking. An instant Pot is actually steaming the cheesecake under pressure which develops a creamy dense texture and steams it to perfection without the cracking. I didn’t have to bake the crust by itself either. Just press in the crust, pour in the filling and set it in the Instant pot!
I have made several cheesecakes in my instant pot. I made the first one a Crustless cheesecake just to see if I could. It worked just great! Same directions just omit the crust. Talk about easy!
I have made a Gluten free crustless cheesecake in my oven for years as a way to easily lighten the calories. Now I can make this crustless cheesecake (not gluten free) more quickly. This Instant Pot version is an easy recipe perfect for your instant pot with or without the crust.
I have only had my wonderful Instant Pot 6 Quart DUO about a month barely scratching the surface so far with my Instant pot recipes. We are loving what this magic machine can do. More Instant Pot recipes are waiting in the wings so stay tuned 🙂
Update: I have had my instant pot almost a year now and have made countless recipes in it with great success. If you are new to the IP keep learning this amazing machine. So Much to do with it!
This 6 inch New York cheesecake recipe is a reliable, easy recipe our family LOVES.
We also recently made a 7 inch White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake that is ‘To DIE FOR’ in our 6 quart instant pot. Yes, you can fit this 7 inch cheesecake pan into a 6 quart IP. Kayti just got her first IP. An 8 quart. More cheesecake recipes coming!
Instant Pot 6 inch New York Style Cheesecake Recipe:
- As with any cheesecake you need to use ROOM TEMPERATURE ingredients for best, smoothest texture. So set out the eggs and cream cheese ahead of time.
- Do NOT overmix the eggs!!! Egg proteins are delicate and must not be overmixed or the texture of your instant pot cheesecake will get clumpy. For best texture and creaminess add the eggs at the end and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Cool the finished cheesecake and chill overnight for best flavor. It just keeps getting better and better!
- Add the crushed crackers and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and add to graham cracker mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of greased 6-inch cheesecake pan and partially up the pan sides. Set aside.
Make Your Filling:
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, cream, flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, lightly mixing until just combined.
- Pour filling into the pan, on top of the crust.
How to Cook your cheesecake in the instant pot:
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of your pressure cooker and then place the instant pot trivet (comes with your machine) with handles up inside the pot.
- Place cheesecake into pressure cooker onto the trivet and in between the handles.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Press the manual button. Set to High Pressure for 37 minutes. Allow an 18 minute natural release.
- After all pressure has been released, open pressure cooker and carefully lift the pan by the trivet handles making sure it is evenly balanced. Tilt the cheesecake pan and dab off any liquid that may have accumulated.
- Let the cheesecake sit out until it cools down to almost room temperature. Refrigerate until set. (Several hours to overnight)
Now Top it and cool it down to set:
If you are out of sour cream, as I was, you can substitute greek yogurt whisked together with 1 tsp. red apple cider vinegar. The teaspoon of vinegar is optional but we loved the extra zing!
- Whisk together the Greek Yogurt mixture (or sour cream) and sugar and then spread on the hot cheesecake.
- Let the topped cheesecake cool on the instant pot wire trivet.
- Cool on your countertop until it’s easy to handle (about an hour). Set in your fridge in the springform pan until set. This will take several hours to overnight.
- Remove the springform pan sides and serve on the bottom plate.
- Garnish with a few drips of pure maple syrup or any topping you prefer. This cheesecake tastes wonderful all by itself too.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Here is our complete Instant Pot recipe selection
I just made this Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake. It’s to die for!!
Looking for more cheesecake Inspiration? Here you go.
Recipe slightly adapted from This Old Gal.Her site is FULL of great helps for making cheesecake in your instant pot.