Rich, creamy decadent New York Style cheesecake made easily in your Instant pot! A small cheesecake perfect for a family night treat, a small dinner party or a romantic dessert for two.
My hubby and I ADORE cheesecake. The dessert section of this blog has many gorgeous cheesecakes due to our indulgences in this creamy, delectable dessert. The Instant Pot is a great way to make a small one just the perfect size for Dave and I.Cheesecake is a good option for a make ahead dessert. All cheesecakes need time to set up properly. My family is guilty of eating cheescake still warm from the oven in cups with spoons because we simply could not wait. But really, the best cheesecake texture and flavor are achieved by a night in the fridge before serving time. Check out all our cheesecakes recipes here.
I have only had my wonderful Instant Pot 6 Quart DUO about a month barely scratching the surface so far with my Instant pot recipes. We are loving what this magic machine can do. More Instant Pot recipes are waiting in the wings so stay tuned 🙂
Instant Pot 6 inch New York Style Cheesecake Recipe:
- Add the crushed crackers and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and add to graham cracker mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of greased 6-inch cheesecake pan and partially up the pan sides. Set aside.
Make Your Filling:
- Blend together cream cheese, sugar, cream, flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, lightly mixing until just combined.
- Pour filling into the pan, on top of the crust.
How to Cook your cheesecake in the instant pot:
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of your pressure cooker and then place the instant pot trivet with handles inside the pot.
- Place cheesecake into pressure cooker onto the trivet.
- Lock on lid and close Pressure Valve.
- Press the manual button. Set to High Pressure for 37 minutes. Allow an 18 minute natural release.
- After all pressure has been released, open pressure cooker and carefully lift the pan by the trivet handles making sure it is evenly balanced. Tilt the cheesecake pan and dab off any liquid that may have accumulated.
Now Top it and cool it down to set:
If you are out of sour cream, as I was, you can substitute greek yogurt whisked together with 1 tsp. red apple cider vinegar. The teaspoon of vinegar is optional but we loved the extra zing!
- Whisk together the Greek Yogurt mixture (or sour cream) and sugar and then spread on the hot cheesecake.
- Let the topped cheesecake cool on the instant pot wire trivet.
- Cool on your countertop until it’s easy to handle (about an hour). Set in your fridge in the springform pan until set. This will take several hours to overnight.
- Remove the springform pan sides and serve on the bottom plate.
- Garnish with a few drips of pure maple syrup or any topping you prefer. This cheesecake tastes wonderful all by itself too.
Recipe slightly adapted from This Old Gal