Instant Pot cheesecake with White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake is beautifully rich and creamy.
Instant Pots makes fantastic cheesecakes, and it is a simple way to create an indulgent treat.
In fact, working this recipe too hard can hurt it. Easy wins the day with this beautiful dessert.
I have made this instant pot cheesecake recipe twice in the last two weeks.
Once in my Ekovana pot .
I partnered this White Chocolate cheesecake recipe with Ekovanas own cheesecake recipe in the other pot. Yes, You CAN make two cheesecakes at once in the instant pot.
Stack em with the Ekovana pots! We enjoyed both of the cheesecakes I made in them. But the family went WILD over this White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake.
NOTE: If you are planning to make this recipe in ekovana pans or a 6 inch springform pan reduce all the ingredients by one third for each cheesecake.
For this cheesecake I used my Go Daddy 7 x 3 inch Cheesecake pan. It gave me the lovely high 3 inch cheesecake I was looking for.
This is my favorite instant pot cheesecake yet. Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake is lovely and gets better and better as it sits around in the fridge. How is that possible??
IP Cheesecakes are so much easier to make than water bathing and baking them in an oven.
Our family was amazed by the flavor and dense creamy texture too. Yum!
We are sold on Instant Pot cheesecakes. I have made several cheesecakes in my IP since my first one a 6 inch New York Cheesecake which bakes like a dream.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe with White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl
USE ONLY ROOM temperature ingredients. All of them. It helps blend everything properly. This is ESPECIALLY important if using a stand mixer or hand held electric mixer.
And when mixing in the melted (only to luke warm) white chocolate you need the ingredients at about the same temp for even blending.
The raspberries are all in the top of this cheesecake. The white chocolate is swirled throughout the cake.
I learned my lesson in the my blueberry swirled cheesecake not to swirl the berries deeply into the cake batter.
It will NOT set up right. Kayti tried this too with this recipe and her cheesecake was a colossal fail. So beware!
The raspberry swirl does add a nice bit of color to the top and a bit of flavor so it is worth doing, sparingly.
The White chocolate is excellent in the cake. Use a good quality baking chip. I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking chips .
Make it in a food processor if you have one for the best texture.
I have made cheesecakes in a lot of different ways over the years. Most often I’ve used my electric mixer.
However, now that I have My Food processor I use that. It’s SO much easier and I love what it does for the texture.
Look at the pictures in this post to see how dense and consistent the texture is. That’s what happens when you beat the cream cheese in a food processor.
My six inch Instant Pot New York cheesecake was made with my electric mixer. Big difference!
How to properly melt White Chocolate:
Quick method: Put your white chocolate into a microwaveable dish and set the timer to 30 SECONDS on 50 PERCENT POWER. Stir and repeat as necessary.
Do NOT overcook the chocolate or it will get hard, unworkable and not useable. (You can try adding a bit of coconut oil to burned chocolate and stir like crazy to save it if it’s not too far gone).
Safest method: Put your white chocolate over a double boiler. A one quart is fine. Add water to the bottom pot. Boil it and put your white chocolate chips into the top bowl and stir it as necessary until melted. Do NOT boil the chocolate. Just stir it into a smooth creamy melt.
- Crumble the graham sheets into a food processor and pulse several times until the grahams breakdown into 1/2 inch or so pieces.
- Add the sugar and pulse a few times.
- Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture is completely fine and crumbly
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into the well oiled 7 inch cheesecake pan. Parchment paper can be cut into a circle and set into the bottom of the pan before pressing in the crust. I did not do this and it came off the bottom fine.
- Set into the freezer for 20 minutes or until needed.
If you are making this instant pot cheesecake in a food processor (preferred method):
- Put the cream cheese into the food processor in chunks and blend a minute or two until the cream cheese is soft and creamy. Pulse as needed. Stop and turn the cream cheese over if necessary to reach it all so it doesn’t get stuck under the blades.
- Now add the sour cream, vanilla and sugar and pulse until blended.
- Add the melted chocolate and pulse once or twice.
- Add in the eggs and pulse until just blended.
- Pour into oiled cheesecake pan and cook.
Electric Mixer (Or stand mixer) Instructions:
- In your stand mixer (Or electric mixer) beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and sugar and blend until the texture is creamy and smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Mix them VERY gently. Turn the hand mixer to low speed or even off and gently mix the eggs in.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the batter and gently fold it in with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
Raspberry swirl instructions:
- Combine the raspberries and sugar in a one quart pot over medium heat.
- Stir until the juice is released from the berries. You do not need to bring it to a boil and it should take less than 10 minutes.
- Strain the cooked berries over a bowl to catch the berry juice.
- Discard the seeds and cool the juice until it reaches room temperature or until needed.
- Drop droplets of the raspberry sauce onto the cake top. Swirl through the drops with a toothpick or skewer until the cheesecake batter is covered with raspberry swirl.
But you still have to do the reduction sauce is you use roasted berries! This topping can be hacked with a seedless jam IF you are careful of the consistency. Try adding a tsp. of water to 2 tablespoons of jam and whisk it until blended.
- Pour 1 1/2 Cups of water into the bottom of your instant pot insert. Set the cheesecake pan into the metal trivet. Set them into the bottom of the pot with the trivet arms up.
- Put a foil tent over the cheesecake by carefully crimping the foil to the sides of the cheesecake pan.(this is optional. I have made this cheesecake uncovered. Just blot off any water on the top with a paper towel when you open the lid.)
- Lock the lid and cook on manual high heat for 38 minutes. Let the pot release naturally. If the valve hasn’t dropped in about 18 minutes go ahead and Quick release.
- Open the Instant pot lid and remove the foil tent and lift out cheesecake pan holding the trivet arms EXACTLY in the middle of the trivet arm for best balance. The silicone mitts really help with this. The interior of the instant pot is hot and wet. Cloth pot holders will not work well.
- The cake should jiggle a bit but be mostly firm. It will continue to cook as it cools on the counter.
- Cool to room temperature on the counter and then set the cheesecake into the fridge to set at least another 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove from pan anytime after it goes to room temperature. It may stick to the pan a bit on the sides. You Might need to run a sharp knife around the outer edge to make sure the cake is freed before removal.
TO PUSH UP THE CAKE OUT OF THE CHEESECAKE PAN:
- Set the cake pan over a high round surface about the same size as the inner circle the pan has.
- I used my quart sized greek yogurt container. It was just the right Size and height to hold the insert bottom firmly while I pushed the cake pan down over it.
- The cheesecake will be sitting on the yogurt container top when you are done. Make sure the yogurt container is full (Or well supported) and won’t fall over. (same rules apply to whatever you use.)
After the instant pot cheesecake is completely cooled.
- Mix the whipping cream and powdered sugar together until stiff.
- Use a Wilton 2D decorating tip and make 5 separate swirls around the cake top with one in the cake center.
- Top each swirl with a fresh raspberry.
- Serve immediately or continue to chill until serving.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe Tips:
- Overmixed eggs will cause a horrible lumpy texture to happen in the instant pot. I have even opened the pot to an exploded cheesecake. Still nummy but distressing… and NOT pretty!
- Instant pots are NOT forgiving if you over mix the eggs. Egg proteins shred easily. This causes the texture to fall apart. Add eggs gently at the end of the recipe. Mix them in on low speed or by hand one at a time completely and GENTLY.
- DO NOT add too much swirl topping. It is only meant for decoration and a fillip of flavor.
- The cheesecake will NOT set if the swirl is too heavy. Same applies to the white chocolate.
- Completely mix the melted chocolate into the cake do not dump it into the center and then swirl the raspberry topping over it.
- The cheesecake cake cannot cook properly this way. If your cheesecake top has pockets of the raspberry sauce that are not swirled in the cheesecake top will have depressions in those areas.
- Let the cheesecake completely set up. It’s AMAZING when chilled overnight. And the leftovers just get better.
- It is pretty normal for an IP cheesecake to bake completely and develop a depression in the center. As you can see below, the cheesecake is completely cooked. The texture is marvelous.
- Do not add cooking time in hopes of firming up the dip unless yours turns out really soupy in the middle. Then add 5 minutes on manual high heat to finish the cake.
Your Printable Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe:
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake is amazingly rich, dense and creamy. This easy to make cheesecake method will change the way you make cheesecake forever!
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 3/4 Cup graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 oz. cream cheese, (3 8 0z. packages)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 oz. White chocolate chips ( melted, whisked and cooled to a lukewarm liquid)
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Whipping Cream Garnish:
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 5 Raspberries to garnish
Graham Crust Instructions:
- Crumble the graham sheets into a food processor(OR finely crush in a plastic bag with a rolling pin then mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.) and pulse several times until the grahams breakdown into 1/2 inch or so pieces. Add the sugar and pulse a few times.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is completely fine and crumbly
- Press into the well oiled 7 inch cheesecake pan(Parchment paper can be cut into a circle and set into the bottom of the pan if desired) and set into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- With your food processor (Preferred) or stand mixer or hand held electric mixer on high speed. Beat the cream cheese several minutes or until soft and creamy.
- Blend together the cream cheese sour cream, vanilla and sugar until the texture is creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time VERY gently on low speed or by hand.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the batter and gently fold it in with a spatula until well blended. Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
Raspberry Swirl Instructions:
- Put the Raspberries and sugar together in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir the raspberries and sugar until the juice comes out. Boiling is not necessary. This will take only a few minutes. Remove from heat
- Strain the cooked raspberries over a bowl until the juice is separated from the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Cool the raspberry juice in the fridge or freezer until room temperature or cooler.
- Drop droplets of the raspberry sauce onto the cake top and swirl through the drops as you wish with a toothpick or skewer until the cheesecake batter is covered with raspberry swirl.
- Pour 11/2 Cups of water into the bottom of your instant pot insert.
- Set the cheesecake pan into the metal trivet. Set them into the bottom of the pot with the trivet arms up.
- Cook on manual high heat for 38 minutes. Natural release for 18 minutes or until valve drops. Then QR if necessary.
- Put a loose foil tent around the pan sides to prevent water condensing onto the cheesecake as it cooks. (Or cook the cheesecake uncovered and dab off water after cooking)
- Open the Instant pot lid and remove the cheesecake and foil tent. The cake should jiggle a bit but be mostly firm. It will continue to cook as it cools on the counter.
- Dab off any water droplets on the cake with a paper towel.
- Cool to room temperature on the counter and then set the cheesecake into the fridge in the cooking pan, covered to set at least another 4 hours to overnight.
- Remove from pan anytime after it is thoroughly chilled. It may stick to the pan a bit on the sides. Run a sharp knife around the outer edge to make sure the cake is freed before removal.
Whipped Cream Garnish
- Mix the whipping cream and powdered sugar on high with an electric beater until stiff.
- Pipe onto the top with a wilton 2d tip as desired.
- Arrange the fresh raspberries on the top as you prefer.
Recipe Notes: The cooking time is the time on manual high heat under pressure and the natural release of 18 minutes combined. There is another few minutes time of getting the sealed pot up to pressure. Instant pots Do not like overmixed eggs in cheesecake recipes. Overmixed eggs will cause a horrible lumpy texture to happen in the instant pot. I have even opened the pot to an exploded cheesecake. Still nummy but distressing... and NOT pretty! This cheesecake has MUCH Better flavor when the cheesecake is completely set up. It's good just cooled, but AMAZING when chilled overnight.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 548Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 150mgSodium 301mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 7g
Need more instant pot recipes: Check out more of our instant Pot recipes
Recipe for Raspberry white chocolate cheesecake by Baker by Nature