Ooey gooey delicious Comfort Food! This yummy Three Cheese Pasta Chicken Bake casserole was converted from a three cheese casserole to a pasta chicken bake for our carnivorous crowd. This easy to make pasta casserole is drowning in cheese and homemade Alfredo sauce!
Three Cheese Pasta Chicken Bake is moist and full of cheesy noodly flavor. Chunks of Cheesy Alfredo coated chicken float throughout this casserole.
Wet cold weather always inspires casseroles and comfort food! Twisted Tuna Casserole, Mac N Cheese Ham Casserole and plenty more are on this blog. We tend to go carby when the chilly months get us down.
My husband and I were looking through the wonderful world of Pinterest (always a dangerous thing to do when you are hungry!) we couldn’t decide between a casserole or a pasta dish. So we decided on this lovely casserole/pasta combo! my husband was insistent we find a dinner option with meat in it. So we compromised and decided to make this three cheese pasta meal into a chicken dinner.
We ran off to the store and piled all of our ingredients together and got to cooking! I cooked the pasta portion of the meal while my husband was busy grilling the chicken on our tiny little electric George Foreman grill.
The result was a wonderful yummy and VERY filling casserole. We had so much left over we brought some over to Mom and Dad’s to share in the dinner! everyone agreed it’s the perfect fall dinner. We used a bottled Alfredo sauce. If you want to make your own Alfredo sauce give homemade food Junkie’s version a try.
UPDATE: We have now made this recipe several times. It is EXCELLENT with homemade alfredo sauce instead of store bought. Also crushing Focaccia Croutons for a topping is a wonderful finishing touch and garnish with peppers. So Good!
Three Cheese Pasta Chicken Bake Recipe:
Notes: This casserole holds together well and the pasta absorbs a bunch of the liquid so the flavor is powerfully good. Not a sloppy casserole but moist, noodly and rich tasting. Enjoy!
- Prepare pasta noodles by boiling in a large pot of water until soft; drain and return to pot.
- Prepare chicken breast on a grill (Or skillet) until thoroughly cooked.
- Slice chicken breast into strips or bite sized one inch pieces.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce, sour cream and chicken.
- Toss the saucy chicken with the cooked pasta until evenly coated.
- Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, and half of the fresh parsley.
- Spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining pasta and chicken mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese and remaining fresh parsley.
- Crush the croutons and spread evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Pour the milk evenly over the top.
- Bake covered at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe Inspired by:
Amy Faggart, Concord, North Carolina, Southern Living