Ooey gooey delicious Comfort Food! This yummy Chicken casserole is easy to make, has comforting noodles and loads of cheesy yumminess. This pasta dish is drowning in cheese and Alfredo sauce.
When you’re looking for chicken recipes for dinner it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. At least I get stuck in recipe ruts sometimes.
Chicken dinner ideas for chicken noodle casseroles are sometimes a bit boring. Chicken needs help sometimes to keep it interesting.
This chicken casserole recipe is a very good solution to chicken dinner mental log jams. This recipe merges a really good Pasta recipe and chicken breast dinner idea into one great recipe. And there is cheese 🙂
Wet cold weather always inspires casseroles and comfort food! Twisted Tuna Casserole, Mac N Cheese Ham Casserole and plenty more are on this blog. We tend to go carby when the chilly months get us down.
When I found a three cheese pasta dinner idea in vegetarian mode it became a winner winner chicken dinner. And that’s no kidding.
This chicken parmesan casserole is moist and full of cheesy flavor. Chunks of Cheesy Alfredo coated chicken float throughout this casserole.
The top has a layer of seasoned croutons all crushed up. Who needs boring bread crumbs? Go for the flavor.
The chicken is actually grilled. We have used our George Foreman grill and our big grill for grilling the chicken breasts. If you have neither of these options handy use my Pan fried Chicken Recipe.
The first time we made this casserole The result was wonderfully flavorful and VERY filling. This chicken casserole is HUGE! You can easily cut it in half for a small family.
We had so much left over we brought some over to Mom and Dad’s to share in the dinner! everyone agreed it’s the perfect chicken comfort food dinner.
We used a bottled Alfredo sauce. If you want you can easily make your own Alfredo sauce.
UPDATE: We have now made this recipe several times. It is EXCELLENT with homemade alfredo sauce instead of store bought. Also crushing Focaccia Croutons for a topping is a wonderful finishing touch and garnish with peppers. So Good!
Three Cheese Pasta Chicken Bake Recipe:
Notes: This casserole holds together well and the pasta absorbs a bunch of the liquid so the flavor is powerfully good. Not a sloppy casserole but moist, noodly and rich tasting. Enjoy!
We belong to the Amazon Affiliate Program. That means if you make a purchase from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Ooey gooey delicious Comfort Food! This yummy Three Cheese Pasta Chicken Bake casserole was converted from a three cheese casserole to a pasta chicken bake for our carnivorous crowd. This easy to make pasta casserole is drowning in cheese and homemade Alfredo sauce!
- 16 oz. chicken breast (cooked and cut into pieces or strips)
- 16 oz. package noodles (any shell, ziti, penne or egg noodle type will work)
- 30 oz. Alfredo sauce (2 15 oz. jars or make your own alfredo sauce)
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Or Regge Parmesano)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or dried Italian seasoning)
- 1- 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or pepper jack)
- 1-1/2 Cups Croutons (crushed- I used Focaccia)
- 1-1/2 Cup milk
- Prepare pasta noodles by boiling in a large pot of water until soft. drain and return to pot.
- Prepare chicken breast on a grill until thoroughly cooked. Next slice chicken breast into strips or bite sized pieces.
- Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream and chicken. Toss with ziti until evenly coated.
- Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs, and half of the fresh parsley.
- Spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining pasta and chicken mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer.
- Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese and remaining fresh parsley or dried herbs.
- Spread crushed croutons evenly over the casserole top
- Pour milk evenly over the croutons
- Cover casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 657mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 31g
Recipe Inspired by:
Amy Faggart, Concord, North Carolina, Southern Living