Cheesy Bruschetta Garlic Bread is a buttery cheese bread finished with bruschetta seasonings and fresh herbs for a warm appetizer or side. Bake one of our fresh French Bread Loaves and transform it into this bruschetta garlic bread for an unbeatable meal.
We all know and love garlic bread as a side to Italian style dinners like our 5 Cheese Homemade Lasagna or Sausage Tortellini Soup, but this bread also makes a wonderful bread basket for a wine and charcuterie dinner party, or a light seafood lunch.
How do you make Garlic Bread better?
A classic garlic bread is a favorite all over the world, but you may want to add a little something extra to yours. We are sharing a list of our favorite suggestions and ideas to give you some inspiration.
- Try combining different cheeses like fresh grated parmesan, a mixture of colby jack and mozzarella, gouda or guyere. They all have their unique flavors and moisture contents.
- Top your bread with roasted peppers, mushrooms or sun dried tomatoes for added flavor and texture.
- Use fresh grated garlic for the best flavor
- Add fresh herbs like rosemary, oregano or parsley
- Try a cream cheese base for an extra creamy garlic sauce
- Broil only until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the edges of the bread are just browning.
What goes well with Bruschetta Garlic Bread?
Cheesy Bruschetta Garlic Bread is a good side with any hearty soup. The flavors and melted cheese elevate warm dinners while providing a great dipping bread for broth and gravy. Garlic breads are also popular with lasagnas, spaghetti dinners, seafood pasta dishes, and can even be found alongside charcuterie boards with cheeses, olives, deli meats and red wine.
Recipe for Cheesy Bruschetta Garlic Bread
The wonderful thing about Garlic Bread is that you can make it in stages, and prepare it ahead of time. The garlic butter spread can be prepared and stored in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
The bread is a snap to assemble, then 5 minutes before serving pop it in the oven under the broiler.
What is the best cheese for Garlic Bread?
Either fresh shredded parmesan or mozzarella make a lovely topping over the garlic butter. We chose these two because the flavors and melting point of both is favorable to this style of baking.
However, you can absolutely try different cheeses and combinations of spreads on your garlic bread. Cream cheese is a popular spread base, colby jack, guyere and other soft cheeses would also work beautifully for garlic breads.
How do you make Garlic Bread?
- Mince the garlic
- Use either room temperature or fully melted butter depending on your preference
- Add the garlic and 1 tsp. of the bruschetta seasoning to the butter, mixing until combined
- Preheat you oven to Broil on HI setting
- Slice the French bread loaf in half lengthwise so you have two open halves of bread
- Place the halves of bread face up onto a baking sheet
- Using a pastry brush liberally brush the herbed butter and garlic mixture onto each bread half
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the buttered bread
- Brush on some more garlic butter over the shredded cheese
- Sprinkle the remaining seasonings evenly over the two halves and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese topping is melted and bubbly
- Cut each half into 2-inch slices. Serve warm
Your Printable Recipe:
Recipe Yield: 2 Halves Cheesy Bruschetta Garlic Bread – 24 pieces
Cheesy Bruschetta Garlic Bread is over the top good!! Serve this decadent, buttery, cheesy bread with your favorite soup or Italian dinner. Comfort food heaven!
- 1 loaf french bread
- several cloves sliced garlic
- 1 cube of butter
- 1 tablespoon bruschetta seasonings
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano or other fresh herb of your choice for garnish
- Thinly slice the garlic
- Put the butter into a 4 cup bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Add the garlic and I tsp. of the bruschetta seasoning to the butter.
- You can let this sit and marinate several hours or use immediately, as you prefer.
- Preheat oven to Broil on hi setting
- Slice the french bread loaf in half long ways so you have two slabs of bread.
- Put the slabs of french bread onto a cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry brush liberally brush the butter and garlic onto the bread slabs.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the buttered bread.
- Brush on some more garlic butter over the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasonings evenly over the two loaves.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes until the bread toppings are golden brown and a bit crusty.
- Cut each slab into 12 inch slices. Serve warm
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!