Delicious Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes cooked over the stove top in a delicious and creamy flavorful sauce. This easy one skillet dinner is perfect for a busy week night dinner. Your family will love it!
Note from Diane: This is Kayti’s recipe and a fine one it is! She will tell the story of this recipe.
I recently Re-made this recipe into a Quick N Easy one skillet dinner. I fell instantly in love with it. This recipe is fantastic with homemade sun dried Tomatoes and homemade Roasted Peppers. Find out how to freeze and roast peppers in this post. They are so handy to have on hand for recipes like this! The one skillet instructions are mine. And no high heat required 🙂
Back to you Kayti:
My Mom (The Homemade Food Junkie) left to go help my sister move into a new house in Montana for a few days. Since leaving she has entrusted the care of the blogging and cooking to me!
I fancy myself more of a sweets connoisseur than a chef. I have given it my best the past couple of days. My poor spoiled father is left with no one to cook for him. So I went over to my parents house with my husband to make this pasta dish.
Sadly; I very nearly burnt the house down. Heed my warning when I tell you…Do not add oil to a boiling hot pan! Oh my goodness! As a rookie cook I made a silly mistake that I am sure anybody experienced in cooking would never make.
I got overly excited about cooking with sun-dried tomatoes. I went a little crazy with the olive oil. As any self respecting newbie would I poured 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a pan that was on high heat.
Flames were shooting to the ceiling. I thought to myself “this is it, I’m going to burn my mothers kitchen to the ground while she’s away and I’ll never forgive myself.”
Thankfully I wasn’t alone in the kitchen. While I was staring in sheer terror at the flames lapping up at the kitchen ceiling, my wonderful husband was snapping into action and taking care of the fire. One blackened pan later, I started over. This time with the oil on low heat.
Thank goodness this dinner turned out to be really good! It’s simple to make as long as you don’t catch your kitchen on fire!
Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe:
One Skillet Instructions:
- If using Chicken Tenders-coat with smoked paprika and salt and put into a large skillet with some of the oil from the tomatoes. Cook about 10 minutes covered. Stir and then push the chicken tenders to the side of the skillet.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes and arrange the sun dried tomatoes, chopped peppers and garlic in the bare side of the skillet.
- If using canned chicken-Omit step one. Add the undrained can of chicken and smoked paprika. OMIT the salt. Stir slightly.
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth and add the pasta. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and add more chicken broth to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Once the pasta is done al dente, add the cream and stir slightly to make the cream sauce.
- Add the mozzarella either in slices as shown or shredded and mixed into the sauce as desired.
Serve garnished with smoked paprika. So good!
Recipe Adapted from: juliasalbum.com