Instant Pot Six Gun Chili is made entirely from scratch with dried Pinto beans and Six Guns Chili Fixins seasonings. The flavor of this chili is outstanding and gets better and better as leftovers.
Instant Pot Six Gun Chili is My very first creation in the Instant pot! I am SO excited about this cool kitchen appliance! It has many advantages for cooks with very little kitchen space and very little time. This is NOT a sponsored post but It DOES have affiliate links . Thank you supporting Homemade Food Junkie!
I bought my Instant pot after my crock pot pottery insert cracked for the third time in under two years! I use my crock pot ALL the time. But the crockery inserts are not holding up like they used to.
I started looking for options to the crockery pot and found the Instant Pot! I was immediately interested. After reading the reviews and joining the Instant Pot Community FB Group I knew this tool is for me!
The Instant pot advantages:
- The instant pot has a stainless pot that goes from the instant pot to the fridge without cracking or warping.
- The insert pot has a much smaller footprint in my fridge
- The Instant pot also takes less room (although it is taller) than my crock pot did.
- Food is cooked safely and nutritiously
- It has a DELAY function so I can set it and forget it.
- The instant pot slow cooks, makes yogurt, steam veggies, cooks rice and large hunks of meat and even does saute’ right in the pot.
- Food made in the pressure cooker has better flavor (not kidding) and is more nutritious too!
- Finally this little jewel is a money saver since it saves power. Also, you can replace other kitchen appliances like a slow cooker and yogurt maker saving money, fuss and counter space.
For more info go to the affiliate link and read the reviews on Instant Pot and it’s nifty accessories.
Looking for more instant pot recipes? Go here! I’m adding new ones all the time. For Instant Pot Six Gun Chili Recipe you will need an instant pot. If you don’t have an instant pot yet try our Game Day Chili for a fast Chili made out of the pantry.
Instant Pot Six Gun Chili Recipe Notes:
I use this Six Gun Chili Fixin Seasonings mix because it’s an easy way to flavor up a chili with a delicious, authentic chili flavor our family has loved for decades! I think most grocery stores have this seasoning mix but click the link if you can’t find it. Warning! the affiliate link is for a LOT of this seasoning. But this link is a good start to see what this company sells and get the reviews. You can jump to a single pack from this link after you get on the page. It’s good stuff!
NOTE: I do NOT use the White Thickener Packet in this recipe. It’s unnecessary here.
Here is the ingredient list for Six Gun Chili Seasonings:
Ingredients: Stone-ground masa flour, ground chili pepper, a pinch of salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, dehydrated onion, garlic powder and oregano. There are NO additives and it is Gluten free.
Instant Pot Six Gun Chili:
- Pour the beans, water and oil into the instant pot.
- Close the lid.
- Push the vent button to SEAL.
- Push the manual button and press the + button until the number read out says 30 minutes.
- After pot is done-Natural release for best flavor and total doneness.
- Remove beans, clean the pot and dry it.
- Set the Instant pot on Saute function on HI. Leave uncovered.
- Cook the hamburger and bacon.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery and peppers. Cook 4 minutes.
- Return all the cooked pinto beans to the pot with diced tomatoes, spices and remaining oil.
- Pressure cook on high-manual setting for 12 minutes.
- Natural release and serve.