Instant Pot Four Bean Beef Stew is an easy one pot meal. This filling beef stew is full of rich flavor, fiber, protein and nutrients.
This dinner is so easy to make in the instant Pot. It saves hours of stove time too. If you love your instant pot and want more recipes for it. Go to our instant pot section here. I’m adding new ones every week since it’s my favorite kitchen toy right now.
The Instant Pot is bringing dried beans back into my kitchen. I can now cook them up from UNSOAKED to perfectly done in about a half hour. Not Kidding! This is a great cooking method to maximize healthy in your recipes and save a few bucks. This article by SFGate explains why dried beans are better nutritionally than canned. Mostly it’s the salt. Canned beans have lots of salt. Especially if you don’t drain and rinse them (which I don’t). They also lack a few other nutrients that dried beans contain.
One more thing about this new frontier of cooking. I’m making my OWN dried bean blend! it’s so easy to mix up your family’s personal favorites. I just bought a bunch of different beans of about the same size and put them together into this pretty mix.
All you need to keep in mind is your beans in your personal blend should have about the same cooking times so they come out of the instant pot perfectly cooked. All Beans are full of healthy carbs with a TON of fiber and nutrients so adding them into a hearty stew makes a lot of sense. We ate this stew with NO other carbs. It really is tasty, healthy and filling enough to stand alone as your lunch or dinner.
Instant Pot Four Bean Beef Stew is Full of chunks of delicious, hearty beef. This recipe has 42 % of your daily protein needs in just one meal. It also accounts for 20 % of your carbs. But they are really healthy carbs that will do you good. All that and it’s naturally low in fat too. Win win!
I bought my 6 quart DUO Instant Pot and then I bought a Glass Lid. I love using them together for saute’ and slow cooking. The glass lid also makes storing the leftovers in the fridge a breeze.
Instant Pot Four Bean Beef Stew Recipe:
This is NOT a set it and forget it recipe. This recipe is done in a couple of different stages. But it is easy. The Instant Pot will take good care of you. Each step is no fuss and you will have lots of down time to do other things with your day. I put approximate times into the different stages. As you can see this goes pretty quick with lots of rests for you. Enjoy.
Stage 1: Cook your dried beans: (about 30 minutes)
- Pour the oil, beans and water into your instant pot.
- Seal the lid and press the BEAN function key. Set the timer for 25 minutes. Go play.
- When the instant pot is finished hit the cancel button and Quick Release the steam.
- Pour the beans into a bowl including the cooking liquid. Set bowl aside till needed.
- Rinse the instant pot cooking pot and dry.
Stage 2: Brown the meat and cook it (about 35 minutes to brown and cook)
- Set the pot to saute, pour in 1 Tablespoon avocado oil and the stew meat. Season to taste with the Montreal seasonings and cover with the glass lid (If you have one).
- Once the meat is browned(about 15 minutes), turn off the instant pot.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on and seal it.
- Press the meat button. It will automatically cook for under pressure for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the instant pot and QR.
Stage 3: Add the veggies and cook (about 15 minutes total)
- Open the lid and Add the baby carrots, marjoram and cabbage. Seal the lid and push the manual button. Adjust the time to 10 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done push the off button and Quick Release.
- Open the lid and pour the chopped roasted peppers and cooked(still warm) beans into the pot. Stir and serve.