Have a kefir smoothie bowl for a true breakfast of Champions. Stoked with probiotic, Kefir makes a beautifully healthy base for a bowl of diverse, good for you fruits, nuts and granola. Add in a few Medjool dates and coconut shreds for fun. Wowsa! That’s a breakfast! This Nutritionally balanced, High-Fiber, Low-Sodium, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free bowl of goodness will get your family off to a great start! Our spring Green Smoothie recipe also uses delicious, healthy kefir!
Kefir is an unsung nutritional hero. The probiotic count of Kefir excels even over Greek Yogurt! Kefir is made with many (about 30 different strains) more bacteria than yogurt. Causing it’s probiotic level to zoom to the moon!
We love Grace harbor Farms vanilla Kefir. It’s amazingly rich, thick and delicious! Grace harbor cows are Guernseys. Excellent, rich, high milk fat yummies!
Kefir makes a filling, satisfying smoothie bowl! Start with two cups of the smoothie and then pile on all that delicious fruit. Add granola ( I’m using my Steel Cut Oats Quinoa Gravel Granola for lots of crunchy yum!) and other goodies.
Dave LOVED this breakfast so much! He talked about it all day! We both gorged ourselves on it. I’m glad it has so much great nutritional bang for every calorie. It’s filling, satisfying and delicious!
Lets Make a Kefir Smoothie Bowl!
Kefir is halfway in between the thin milk and thick Greek Yogurt. I hesitate to use the term, but kefir is actually kind of gloppy. In the best possible way. But kefir leaves a beautiful smooth texture in the bowl and stays on the spoon!
Use this recipe as a guide. Feel free to substitute or add what you have on hand for the fruits and add ons. Kefir, the greens and a GOOD QUALITY Granola are a must!
To make this recipe:
- In your blender put the vanilla kefir, banana, greens and strawberries and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Pour the kefir mixture into two bowls, about 2 cups each.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients however you wish on the surface of the smoothie bowls.
Have a kefir smoothie bowl for a true breakfast of Champions. Stoked with probiotic, Kefir makes a beautifully healthy base for a bowl of diverse, good for you fruits, nuts and granola.
- 1 Cup vanilla flavored kefir
- 1 banana
- 1 Cup mixed greens
- 1 Cup strawberries-1/2 of them sliced thin
- 1 small pear-sliced in rounds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut shreds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 medjool dates-chopped
- 2 Tablespoons granola
- Place the kefir, banana, greens and 1 cup of the strawberries in your blender and pulse a few times until mixed to a smooth consistency
- Pour the kefir mixture into two small bowls, about 2 cups each
- Place the remaining ingredients how ever you wish on the surface of the smoothie bowls
Amount Per Serving Calories 724Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 5mgSodium 274mgCarbohydrates 87gFiber 14gSugar 62gProtein 13g