Creamy Broccoli Cheese soup with cauliflower is easy to make and SO delicious. It’s Warm, filling and FAIRLY low-carb depending on how you thicken it.
Enjoy this cream of broccoli and cauliflower soup recipe bursting with rich cheesy broccoli flavor. Your family will love this hearty soup and the leftovers are amazing.
This recipe came to me years ago from my friend Tina. She made this soup for a church potluck one Sunday. I instantly fell in love with it. I pestered her relentlessly until she graciously emailed me her recipe for broccoli cauliflower cream soup.
Our family loves this soup. I have made it for decades. It’s perfect for a potluck, large family gathering, or warm cozy dinner with leftovers! A rich creamy soup easily adjusted to fit your needs and bursting with goodness.
Broccoli and cauliflower are the stars of this luscious concoction. Floating vegetables in a creamy cheesy soup base. Lovely and tasty!
If you purchase from our affiliate links we may receive a small commision at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe:
This cream of broccoli soup recipe has chunks of delicious broccoli and cauliflower floating in a cheesy cream soup base. These cruciferous vegetables are deliciously good for you.
Broccoli and cauliflower taste wonderful together in this soup. This makes a yummy quick, vegetarian dinner.
- For best results please use high quality fresh broccoli and cauliflower.
- Frozen vegetables are not recommended although I have done it. Thaw first if you want to use up frozen veggies.
- You can easily adjust the amount of cheese, flour and milk. Make this broccoli cheddar soup the perfect thickness for the crowd you plan to feed. Start with the amount of broccoli and cauliflower you have or the number of people you want to feed.
- This cheesy broccoli soup recipe works well with different cheeses. Cheddar is a good choice but the original recipe actually calls for Jack cheese. Colby would work fine as well.
- Adjust the chunkiness of this recipe as you wish. After the vegetables are steamed you can use your immersion blender, food processor or larger blender to puree the soup. Reduce the chunks of the veggies as you wish.
- Yes I DO have concrete measurements in the printable for you. But once you have made it. Adjust it at will next time.
- While steaming the broccoli and cauliflower, make your cream sauce. Gauge the amount of your ingredients for the cheese sauce upon your own preferences for thickness and taste.
- Start with the proportions I have listed in the recipe and go from there. Add in the veggies and cheeses after you make the sauce and adjust the sauciness of the soup to your preferences. Salt and pepper to taste.
Best Cooking method For this Winter Soup Recipe:
You know I LOVE my Instant pot and it makes fantastic soup. CrockPot are also great at making soup. However, I’m a stock pot fan for this recipe.
My Cuisinart stock pot with a built in remove-able steamer insert is my favorite. The bottom is not that heavy but It’s still my preferred pot for this recipe since it’s so convenient.
This hearty winter soup is quick to make on your stove top. In my opinion Broccoli Cauliflower Cream Soup is best made in your large heavy bottomed stock pot.
- Broccoli and cheese soup recipes are full of easily curdled milk and sticky cheese. Those ingredients are not easy to cook in the crock pot or instant pot.
- This stove top recipe will have it ready in under 30 minutes. Why bother with an instant pot or crockpot when you can make it quickly and easily on the stove?
- Steam your chopped veggies and then set the steamer insert aside while you make the cream sauce. Dump the veggies and cheese into the large pot full of cream sauce and stir. Dinner is done.
An easy delicious, low carb meal ready in about 30 minutes. Rich creamy and cheesy. This filling soup makes a fantastic meatless meal. When making this soup adjust the thickness as you prefer. The sauce will thicken after you add the veggies and cheeses. Stir the soup constantly to avoid burning.
PREPARING THE VEGETABLES
Make the White Sauce
FINISHING THE SOUP
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 373 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 676mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 18g
An easy delicious, low carb meal ready in about 30 minutes. Rich creamy and cheesy. This filling soup makes a fantastic meatless meal.
When making this soup adjust the thickness as you prefer. The sauce will thicken after you add the veggies and cheeses. Stir the soup constantly to avoid burning.