Chocolate Ganache is a rich, low sugar, dark chocolate glaze. Add class, style and rich chocolate deliciousness to your pastries, cakes and cookies with this homemade Ganache.
How is this two ingredient ganache even possible? I thought making chocolate frosting was a big process involving cocoa powder and other messy ingredients. This french method is my new “go to” for all things chocolate and frosting!
I have used this recipe several times now. It is so good! And Seriously EASY! I mean two ingredients! How tough can it be? Not very as it turns out. Just heat the cream and stir in the chocolate. Wait…and it’s done! I blush to even call this a recipe. BUT if you haven’t learned this yet; you’re welcome! Try dipping my Crunchy cornmeal cookies in this delectable rich topping. Wanna make a cake??? Try Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Ganache for a classy dessert!
Ganache is a creative, multi use miracle. Use organic dark chocolate chips, semi sweet baker’s chocolate or your favorite gourmet chocolate bar. Using high quality ingredients is the secret to a really luscious result. Choose a heavy cream and the best quality dark chocolate you can to amp up the creamy richness of your dessert. And then just fall into heaven as you feel the chocolate creaminess in your mouth. Best Chocolate Frosting EVER!
And then there is these! Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes filled with ganache. That ganache calls for a bit of butter too. So good with the vanilla cupcake!
Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
Simplest recipe ever!
- Simply pour the cream into a one quart pot and whisk it until it just begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped up chocolate.
- Put a tight lid on the pot and let the chocolate melt for about 15 minutes.
- Take off the cover and whisk the chocolate into the cream until it is thoroughly homogenized with the cream.
- Now its ready to use as a glaze. If you cool it even further or refrigerate it will thicken into a delicious chocolate frosting like this!
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
Chocolate ganache icing or frosting. Yummy and easy!
- 8 oz. Bitter sweet dark chocolate, 70 percent chocolate content is the best- chopped into small pieces
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Chop up your chocolate into one inch or smaller pieces.
- Pour your cream into a one quart pot and turn on medium high.
- Whisk constantly until it bubbles and immediately remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces and put the lid on.
- Fifteen minutes later come back, remove the lid and whisk the chocolate into the Ganache.
- Use as your recipe requires