Chocolate orange margaritas make a special date night Margarita, holiday cocktail or after dinner drink. This is a beautifully indulgent and elegant Mexican cointreau drink.
The warm flavors remind one of the chocolate orange balls popular at Christmas. Comforting, mellow and yeah, A bit sexy. 🙂
Looking for More Tequila Cocktails?
These are both very popular and delicious tequila drinks. Visit our Cocktail Section to see all of our alcoholic drinks.
Celebrate National Margarita Day and Cinco De Mayo with these tequila drinks.
Chocolate Orange Margarita Recipe:
Fall in love with the best margarita recipe ever! Seriously I LOVE this margarita. The flavors are just perfect together.
This recipe is a perfect blend of orange and chocolate flavors. This simple margarita recipe is a glorious combination of tequila (Jose Cuervo gold), cointreau, and creme de cacao.
Add in the squeeze of fresh orange and sweet and sour mix and Bravo! A lovely mexican drink you can enjoy all through the year.
- Jose.Cuervo Tequila is the best tequila for this margarita in our opinion. If you have a favorite brand of gold tequila for this recipe let us know. 🙂
- Creme de Cacao-we used Hiram Walker brand. Baileys creme de cacao or other chocolate liqueur will also work fine.
- Cointreau orange flavored liqueur is wonderful in this recipe and we highly recommend it. However, Triple sec or other orange liqueur can be substituted if you have it on hand.
- Sweet and Sour Mix
- Fresh Orange juice
How to make this Margarita Recipe:
Here is a quick visual walkthrough of this Jose Cuervo margarita. Please also watch our video for a complete recipe demonstration.
Our choice of garnishings was a simple orange twist on a pick. We also added chocolate shavings. The shavings provide a bit of extra chocolate flavor but mostly the chocolate shavings add texture and ambience.
- Be sure to find a long pick so you can suspend the twist over the drink.
- Use a good quality authentic Mexican chocolate. Mexican chocolate hs cinnamon and chili in it. It adds an extra bit of Mexican flavor perfect for this Mexican drink.
We used a Coop style glass to bring up the classic and elegant vibe of the chocolate orange combination.
How Many Calories in this Margarita?
Margarita calories, like most cocktails, can be tricky to calculate. And honestly…if you are a calorie counter this cocktail will be very expensive.
Use the EXACT measurements we provide in our printable recipe card to determine the calories in this recipe.
Brand of the ingredients may also affect the calorie count so please read your labels if calories are your focus.
We have a complete nutrition label for you in the bottom of the recipe. This drink is a bit indulgent but worth it!
Helpful Amazon Products:
Below we have Pictured the steel picks, glasses, cocktail shaker set and Mexican chocolate that will make this recipe just as you see it.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Chocolate Orange Margaritas are the perfect blend of orange and chocolate. This tequila cocktail is a glorious combination of Jose Cuervo gold, cointreau, and creme de cacao. Add in the squeeze of fresh orange and sweet and sour mix .
- 1 1/2 oz. Gold Tequila
- 1 oz. Creme de cacao
- 1/2 oz. cointreau (or triple sec)
- 1 oz. sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 oz. fresh orange juice
- Fill your cocktail shaker 1/2 Full of ice.
- Add the tequila, Creme de cacao, cointreau, sweet and sour mix into the shaker.
- Cut an orange in quarters. (peel off two strips of the peel first if using for orange twist garnish)
- Squeeze 1/4 to 1/2 oz. fresh orange juice into the shaker.
- Cap the shaker and shake vigorously at least 30 seconds until the shaker is very cold.
- Pour out the two margaritas and garnish as desired. (suggestions below)
- This pretty cocktail looks stunning and elegant with a simple orange twist suspended over it with a nice cocktail pick.
- We also recommend shaving Mexican chocolate over the top of the margarita to add more texture and a bit more chocolate.
- Add a shake of cinnamon to bring on a holiday vibe.
- serve with an orange filled chocolate ball candy for a fun dessert.
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 0g
Please tag us on Instagram @Homemadefoodjunkie with your finished cocktail pics and let us know how the recipe worked out for you.