This delicious and flavorful Italian chopped Salad is stuffed with broccoli and cauliflower, cheddar cheese, black olives, pepperoni and more.
This is a lovely and easy antipasto style salad recipe. It is safe to serve at room temperature and stays food safe all day when left out on a table. That makes it Perfect party food and an easy potluck recipe.
More Delicious Potluck Salads:
These delicious cauliflower and broccoli salads are also food safe when served at room temperature. they are all great travelers, hold well and can be made ahead.
Italian Chopped Cauliflower Salad Recipe:
We LOVE this salad just as you see it here. It is a wonderful combination of Italian zestiness. The textures are so crunchy and satisfying.
Low Carb Tips:
- Choose a low carb Italian salad dressing
- Reduce or eliminate the sun dried tomatoes
- Green onions
- Bell pepper
- sun dried tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
- black olives
- Italian Dressing (Use bottled or make your own like I did in this tortellini salad)
For a more antipasto salad feel, add some marinated artichoke hearts.
Tips and Process:
TIP: This chopped recipe can be made with the help of your food processor.
- Throw the pepperoncini, sun dried tomatoes and pitted black olives in your food processor and pulse it a few times.
- Repeat pulsing until the contents of the food bowl are about 1/2 inch big. Don’t over process or it will be mush, not chopped.
Chop by Hand:
- Chop the cauliflower and broccoli by hand. The Food processor might create cauliflower rice and broccoli dust rather than the chunky bite sized pieces you want.
- Do not shred the cheddar cheese in the food processor. The cheese texture is much better when cubed. It makes a difference in the enjoyment of the salad.
- Chop the pepperoni by hand. chopped pieces are much more palatable and satisfying than the shredded goo a food processor will give you.
- Green onions are also best chopped by hand. Nice evenly sized pieces are the key.
If you chop everything by hand this chopped salad recipe only takes about 15 minutes. It’s really very easy.
Visual Guide for the Process:
Here’s a quick walkthrough of this delicious salad recipe. Please also watch our video recipe demonstration for a complete visual guide of this recipe.
This salad can be made ahead up to one day before serving. It will hold well in the fridge as leftovers up to a week.
Useful Amazon products:
If you make this recipe please tag us on Instagram @homemadefoodjunkie so we can see your . Also leave us a comment below and rate this salad recipe. We love your input on our recipes.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Delicious and flavorful Italian chopped Salad. Stuffed with cubed cheddar cheese, black olives and pepperoni and plenty more yummy ingredients. Coat with your favorite Italian dressing. This is a lovely and easy antipasto style salad recipe. It's safe to serve at room temperature and stays food safe. Perfect party food and potluck recipe!
- 4 Cups cauliflower (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 4 Cups broccoli (chopped like the cauliflower)
- 1/2 Cup green onion (chopped fine)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 8 pepperoncini (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup black pitted olives (diced)
- 1 Cup sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese ( cut into small cubes)
- 1 1/2 Cup pepperoni slices (about a four inch stack of sliced pepperoni-chop into small pieces)
- 1 Cup Italian Garlic Parmesan dressing (I used Marie's brand)
- In a large salad bowl add all of the chopped listed ingredients.
- pour the Italian salad dressing over all of the chopped salad ingredients in the bowl.
- Stir the dressing and salad ingredients together until they are well coated.
- Chill 30 minutes to merge flavors.
This salad is food safe at room temperatures. It can sit on a table for hours with perfect safety for your guests.
Homemade Italian Dressing:
The flavor of this salad recipe will differ depending on which Italian dressing you choose. if you prefer to make you own dressing try the one I made for my tortellini pepperoni salad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 269Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 33mgSodium 1270mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 12g