Easy baked salmon with a brown sugar marinade is a perfect choice for a delicious, low carb, dairy -free, gluten-free meal choice. Chock full of good for you lean protein and healthy fat with a yummy marinade!
My husband and I have been doing lots of thinking about our healthy eating habits and lifestyle choices. We just had our first baby and we would love to get into a healthy eating pattern that she can model as she gets older.
Looking around our pantry, I realized we had a little winter cleaning to be done. We have recently fallen prey to the yummy holiday goodies that are rampant in all of the stores.
One of the biggest factors in my downfall to healthy eating is the hassle of cooking. If it takes more than 30 minutes or so to whip together; I quickly dismiss it.
My awesome mother has always modeled healthy eating and cooking. Try her Tilapia recipes! Dad and mom prefer white fish. Her Breaded Tilapia Parmesan and Baked Tilapia in Asian Orange Sauce are both popular recipes in our family.
I, unfortunately, happily ate all of her wonderful cooking but I didn’t take the time to develop a love for healthy cooking. So my mission this year is to learn how to cook healthy and quick meals for my new little family.
I searched on my trusty little phone and started a fish recipe board on Pinterest! We decided on a nice salmon dinner. Salmon is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, high quality proteins, and Essential amino acids so it is a perfect healthy eating choice!
We recently also made Grilled Salmon Kabobs. So delicious!! My soon to be sister in law Heather shared a recipe for Smoked Salmon Wraps I’m looking forward to trying. These recipes are all healthy and easy! Just what we like.
Easy Baked Salmon with a Brown Sugar Marinade Recipe:
So let’s get started!
- Cut your fresh Salmon into four equally sized fillets.
- Season the fillets to taste with the salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, water and oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Put the seasoned fillets into a Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours,(longer is better for more marinade flavor)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove Salmon Fillets from the Ziplock bag and place on tin foil.
- Sprinkle additional brown sugar, lemon salt or garlic seasoning on each fillet as desired.
- Wrap each fillet in tin foil to create a steam pouch, or alternately, make a tent of tinfoil over the entire baking sheet of prepared fillets.
- Place pouches on a cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check frequently as the size of the fillet will make cooking time vary.
My husband and I thought fish turned out terrific! It was surprisingly easy to make and so yummy! We served the salmon with Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Salad and a crisp white wine. We have also made this dinner for a large family event. It was SO well received! This dinner is definitely going on our weekly menu!
Recipe inspired by BitzNGiggles Brown Sugar Salmon