Delicious grilled salmon kabobs with a yummy homemade brown sugar soy sauce glaze. A nutritionally balanced, healthy, easy to make, dairy free meal. Don’t turn on your oven. Grill these tasty salmon kabobs for your next quick meal or dinner party!
My husband and I absolutely love salmon. It’s such a healthy and delicious meat to eat! We bought a grill this spring and we are having lots of fun playing with new recipes.
I had a craving for salmon last night. It was really hot outside! I didn’t want to turn on my oven to make Easy Baked Salmon with a Brown Sugar Marinade. I was fresh out of rice paper wraps and smoked salmon so Smoked Salmon Wraps weren’t on the menu either.
We remedied this by turning on the grill instead and cooking up these awesome salmon kabobs! They are easy to make and don’t take a whole lot of effort to throw together.
Grilled Salmon Kabobs Recipe:
The salmon needs to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge before you grill it, so make sure you have plenty of time before dinner to start making this recipe. It’s really simple, just cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes, throw them into a sandwich bag with the marinade sauce and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
While they are marinating; cut up the vegetables into 1 inch squares and set aside.
When you are ready to put the salmon and the veggies on the kabob, save the marinade and stick it in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat for 5-10 minutes on the stove.
You will want to baste the kabobs periodically with a basting brush while they are grilling.
Place the vegetables and the salmon on the kabob in any order you like.
Put the kabobs on the grill and grill for 20 minutes, rotating the kabobs occasionally and basting the kabobs with the marinade thoroughly.
You will love this easy, tasty, healthy meal.
Here’s the printable recipe for you:
Delicious grilled salmon kabobs with a homemade brown sugar soy sauce glaze. A nutritionally balanced, healthy, easy to make meal. Grill these tasty salmon kabobs for your next quick meal or dinner party!
- 1/2 Ib fresh salmon fillet (cut into 1 inch cubes, deboned, and skinless)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into squares around 1 inch)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into squares around 1 inch)
- 1/2 pineapple (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut into slices)
- 1 Cup soy sauce
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Put together the marinade by mixing together the olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, and white vinegar in a sandwich bag
- Add in the spices
- Cut the salmon fillet into 1 inch cubes and rub the fish with lemon pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt on both sides
- Place the salmon fillet into the sandwich bag full of marinade
Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge
- While the salmon is marinating cut the vegetables into 1 inch cubes and squares
- Preheat the grill to medium heat
- Remove the salmon from the marinade bag and place it onto a plate
- Pour the marinade and put it in a saucepan
- Heat the marinade on medium heat for 5-10 minutes on the stovetop, stirring occasionally
- Arrange the vegetables and the salmon on the kabob in any order you like
- Put the kabobs on the grill and grill for 20 minutes, rotating the kabobs occasionally and basting the kabobs with the marinade thoroughly
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 18mgSodium 4157mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 2gSugar 50gProtein 13g