Smoked Salmon wraps are a Low-Fat, Low-Sodium, Low-Sugar, Dairy-Free healthy quick and easy meal. Delicious with Smoked Salmon, and so versatile! Use any veggies you prefer and have on hand or choose the ones recommended here for a divine fresh, mostly raw meal. Delicious!
My oldest son engaged himself to a wonderful woman; Heather. We all adore her! And she has fantastic creative parents too! Big bonus! And they COOK!!
This is Heather’s recipe. Read my series on Bonnie’s DIY skin care recipes; Healing Hand Scrub, Homemade Healing Ointment to learn more about our new family members to be. And get healthy skin care recipes!
Heather is a gorgeous, sweet woman. Like MaMa, Like Daughter! We couldn’t be happier to have them all in the family!
The wonderful thing for you is Heather and Bill are seafood fans! And…Heather is an excellent cook! My son is getting filled out and looking great! Bill comes from long, lean stalk. From this recipe you can tell Heather is feeding him excellent quality food! Does a mother’s heart good 🙂
Does a food blogger’s heart good to add a quick and easy healthy recipe I know all of you seafood lovers will enjoy!
Heather also does dessert! A few months ago, Heather made a dynamite carrot cake to celebrate her doggie’s 10th birthday. Seriously! She invited us over for a piece of doggy birthday cake. It was the best carrot cake I have ever had! FOR HER DOG!!
Her lovely 10-year-old German Shepherd, Alex, accepted her piece of birthday cake politely with grace and beauty! I gave Alex a little, teeny piece of my cake. I ate all the rest. Sorry Alex!
I have a request out for that delicious cake recipe too. (Heather has been very generous with her recipes. She even took the photos you see here while she made dinner. I’m going to try not to nag her or she won’t want to feed me anymore 🙂
[tweetthis hidden_urls=”pic.twitter.com/La2e57aD0e”]#LowFat #LowSodium #LowSugar #healthy This is a quick and easy meal. Homemade #Peanutsauce [/tweetthis]
Smoked Salmon Wraps Recipe Notes:
Smoked Salmon Wraps is a very easy recipe.. rice paper wraps, smoked salmon, avocado, carrots, cucumbers, fresh lime and cilantro and lettuce. Chop, Roll and dip! That about covers it.
Here are a few tips from Heather:
Heather found her Smoked salmon in the meat refrigerator section of her local, (higher end) Grocery. That’s Haggen’s for the locals 🙂
The most difficult part of this meal, is making your own Peanut sauce. And it’s EASY! Heather used the peanut sauce recipe linked at the bottom of this post. Or, go to my homemade peanut sauce recipe I created for my Peanut Sauce over Thai Zoodles Recipe. For your convenience I have copied my peanut sauce recipe into the printable for Heather’s Smoked Salmon Wraps for you. It’s easy to make and tasty!
- After making the peanut sauce; Chop the veggies and Smoked Salmon up into small easily grabbed piles.
- Soak each wrap for about 20 secs in water slightly warmer than lukewarm temperature.
- You have only about 30 secs to a minute to get your wraps loaded with veggies before they get difficult to handle. Soaking and loading the wraps, one at a time, is the easiest way to do this.
- Fill and roll the wraps with the ends tucked in for easiest dipping.
- Serve on a pretty plate with peanut sauce in a small bowl. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups Smoked Salmon-chopped
- 5 Rice Paper Wraps
- 1 avocado
- 1 large carrot-chopped or julienned
- 1 cucumber chopped or cut into long narrow slices
- 1 fresh lime-cut in half for squeezing
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro- chopped and added to taste and garnish
- Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- Peanut sauce ingredients:
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar-to taste
- 1 tsp. brown sugar or honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 Bangkok pepper hot thai chili pepper minced.( Add as desired for hot spicy result.)
- 2/3 Cup water
- (For the Peanut Sauce:)
- Make your peanut sauce ahead this way:
- Toast the peanuts on a baking sheet in your oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Make the peanut sauce in a blender or food processor this way:
- Start the blender and drop in the ginger, and garlic and chop fine. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust the water to your desired consistency.
- Set sauce aside in a serving dish. Keep at room temperature.
- (Make the filling and wrap this way:)
- Clean and chop all veggies into small pieces (1/4 to 1/2 inch size) Set aside
- Chop salmon into small pieces-Set aside
- Now comes the part where you need to pay attention. Soak your rice paper wraps for 30 seconds up to a minute, one at a time.
- Remove the wrap from the water, lay it out and quickly fill it with salmon, veggies and drizzle a small amount of peanut sauce into the filling. Roll the wrap up, tucking in the ends so the filling stays inside.
- Serve on a pretty plate with a bowl of the peanut sauce for dipping.