This is a beautiful sustaining Greek orzo salad in the Mediterranean Style with kalamata olives and Feta cheese.
Our homemade Lemon dressing with healthy fats add zippy flavor. This Greek Salad makes a lovely satisfying lunch or side dish.
More Healthy Salads to try:
I am particularly fond of Mediterranean salads with Greek and Italian flavors. Those zippy healthy ingredients in a sustaining pasta salad recipe fill the mouth with gratifying textures and flavors.
Here are a few of our favorites.
Mediterranean diets have long been found to have benefits for your blood pressure, longevity and balancing cholesterol levels.
The Mediterranean diet. This diet has stood the test of time and research. This is not a fad diet. It is a very heart healthy way to eat.
This orzo salad recipe works well with the Mediterranean diet plan or any healthy eating plan you may follow.
Step away from the deli counter. Make your salads at home and save lots of money too. It just makes sense to take control of your diet.
Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe:
Eat more roughage and vegetables in your diet. Allow your body to digest real food you make yourself with the freshest ingredients.
These are the ingredients we chose. however, there are many ways to create this salad with wonderful flavors.
In the notes section of our printable recipe card I made you a list of ideas for more ways to make this salad fresh and new time after time.
Ingredients For the Salad:
- Orzo pasta-we used whole wheat
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Spinach leaves-either baby size or rough chopped larger leaves are fine
- Kalamata olives
- Black olives
- Feta cheese crumbles
Ingredients For the Salad Dressing:
- Whole fresh lemon
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Dried oregano
- black pepper
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Below is our printable recipe and walkthrough. If you print out the recipe the pictures will not print. This is to save you paper and ink.
A beautiful sustaining Greek orzo salad in the Mediterranean Style with kalamata olives and Feta cheese. A homemade Lemon vinaigrette adds healthy fats and zippy flavor. This Greek Salad makes a lovely lunch or side dish.
For the salad:
- 16 oz. Orzo pasta
- 1 Cup english cucumber
- 3/4 Cup red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- spinach leaves
- 1 Cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 Cup black olives
- 1 Cup feta cheese crumbles
For the Dressing:
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/2 Cup avocado oil
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Set a large pot of water on the stove on high heat.
- Prepare your vegetables as described in ingredients list. (watch video for a complete walkthrough of the ingredients prep.) Set them aside.
- Add the orzo to boiling water and cook to al dente. (tender but firm-about 10 minutes)
- In a separate medium bowl combine salad dressing ingredients.
- Whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Chop the kalamata and black olives. set aside.
- When the orzo is cooked drain the orzo in a strainer.
- Rinse the orzo under cold water to cool it quickly.
- Drain orzo thoroughly and cool to room temperature.
- In a large salad bowl pour in the room temperature or colder orzo.
- Add the vegetables on top of the pasta.
- Layer the olives on top
- Toss the salad ingredients.
- Pour on the salad dressing.
- Add Feta cheese on top.
- Lightly toss to coat the salad in the dressing.
More Ingredient Ideas:
You can change this salad to accommodate your family tastes with these ideas:
- Castelvetrano green olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
- Roasted peppers
- Grilled eggplant
- Cannellini beans
- Chick peas
- Arugula (we also use arugula in our Mediterranean salad.
- Mediterranean marinated chicken
- Grilled shrimp
By making a few simple changes in the ingredients you can make this salad fresh and new every time you serve it!
Amount Per Serving Calories 342Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 13mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 7g
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with pictures of your Homemade Food Junkie Recipe Results. We love to support with likes, comments and shares on our daily stories.