The delicious lemon drop shot tastes like lemon candy. It’s a quick to make at home and requires a just few ingredients.
Feeling like a quick sweet tart shot? Squeeze a lemon and shake it with vodka. Rim the glass for some classiness. Bite a sugared lemon. Yummm. 🙂
Watch our video recipe demonstration of making this candy shot. You’ll find it in the sidebar of this post.
It’s the pop up on mobile. And also at the bottom of the printable recipe card. It is just above the notes section.
More Shot Recipes:
And these are just a few or our fun shot recipes. Be sure to check out entire Cocktail Section to see all of our shots and cocktail recipes.
Lemon Drop Shot Ingredients:
It couldn’t be simpler. Vodka, sugar and lemon juice are the only ingredients that actually make up this lemony lemon shot.
- We HIGHLY recommend you use a fresh lemon. Cut it in half. Use 1/2 for the shot and cut the rest into a wedge for the sugared lemon.
- Why a sugared lemon wedge? The lemon wedge is part of the drinking experience with this shot. Drink the shot. THEN…
- Bite the sugared lemon wedge. Experience the intense lemon sweet combination. Lemon drop candy in a glass. 🙂
For the shot:
- Vodka (we chose Absolut vodka -your favorite is fine for this shot)
- fresh lemon
Rimming the Glass:
For this shot the rim is optional but highly recommended. That sweet taste on the rim will compliment the straight lemon juice.
Wetting the rim:
- We use simple syrup to wet the glass rim since it is sticky and holds the sugar really well.
- Out of simple syrup? Use the cut lemon to wet the rim.
- Or even just plain water in a pinch.
The Sugared Lemon Wedge:
You don’t want to forget this. The sugared lemon wedge is actually a part of the recipe.
The lemon drop shot experience is all about that sweet lemony zing we all love in the lemon drop candy.
Like licking salt after tequila biting a sugared lemon will really bring out that final element of this fun drink.
The Shot Glass:
The glass we use is the Tall Shot glass. I like the way the rim looks on the tall glass. These taller shots hold 2.25 oz.
If you use a short shot glass they will be VERY full and the rim may not work as well for you.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Below you will find our printable recipe card and at the bottom below the notes is our video recipe demonstration.
We Love feedback on all our recipes. please let us know how yours turned out and what you did with it.
This easy shot tastes like lemon candy! It's a quick shot to make at home and only requires a few ingredients.
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 Fresh Lemon
Rimming Glass Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Simple Syrup
- Set out two small flat plates
- Pour a small amount of simple syrup on one plate.
- Make a small pile of sugar on the other plate.
- Invert the shot glass into the simple syrup.
- Now set the wet rim into the sugar and twist the rim gently to evenly distribute the sugar over the simple syrup rim.
- Set glass aside.
Make Lemon Drop Shot:
- Pour ice into your shaker.
- Add vodka to the shaker.
- Squeeze 1/2 the lemon and measure out 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice into shaker.
- Shake until very cold (30 seconds or so).
- Pour into rimmed shot glass.
- Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges and rub them in the remaining sugar from the rimming process.
- Serve the lemon drop shot with the sugared lemon wedge.
Suggested Drinking method:
- To get the best lemon candy experience drink the shot and immediately bite down on the sugared lemon wedge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 1g
If you are on Instagram follow us and tag us with a picture of your lemon shot. We like, comment and share our recipes made in your kitchen on our daily stories. It’s so fun to support each other.