Cute and yummy. Pineapple Upside Down Cake shots are a light sweet layered shot perfect for a girls night or small gathering of friends. This recipe makes two tall shots.
Vanilla vodka, pineapple juice and grenadine are all you need to put this sweet shot recipe together.
More Yummy Shots:
Shots are a fun way to entertain on a budget. And they keep the drinking responsible if you limit the servings.
Enjoy your special moments together with a few of these shots to give everyone something they enjoy.
Visit our Cocktail section for a complete index of all our cocktails and shots.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot:
This shot is a sweet mix of pineapple juice, vanilla vodka and grenadine. These vodka shots taste like pineapple cake.
The pineapple juice and cherry on top with the grenadine layer bring in the upside down cake vibe.
The red layer at the bottom really perks up this drink. It’s sweet and stunning.
This light shot makes a great birthday cake flavored toast. Add in the Chocolate cake shot and you have two fun party drinks to celebrate those special anniversaries. Enjoy!
- Pineapple Juice
- Vanilla Vodka (whipped cream vodka can be substituted)
- Maraschino cherries (for garnish if desired)
Tips For Pineapple Shots:
- Choose a filtered clear pineapple juice to get the clarity of results you see here.
- Shake the vodka and pineapple juice in your cocktail shaker with ice to blend the flavors, add aration and chill the shot.
- Chilling the glasses is really not necessary if you shake the drink. Shots are small and will not sit for long.
- Use the grenadine to add a layer of red in the bottom of the drink. Drizzle the grenadine syrup over the back of a spoon and down the side of the glass to minimize diffusion.
- Use the tall shot glasses to really show off the clarity and layering.
We chose tall shot glasses for this pineapple upside down shot. They show off the layering in just the correct proportions. And we like the slim tall look of this shot. Here’s a few links for tall shot glasses on Amazon.
- Tequila Tall Shot Glasses
- Joy Jolt hue Colored shot glasses
- Dee Coo Whiskey Shot Glasses-Tall Heavy base
Cute and yummy. Pineapple Upside Down Cake shots are a light sweet layered shot perfect for a girls night or small gathering of friends.
- 1 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. pineapple juice (use filtered juice for best clarity)
- 1/4 oz. grenadine
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker
- Measure and pour the vodka and pineapple juice into the shaker.
- Seal the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until the shaker is very cold.
- Pour the pineapple shot equally into two tall shot glasses.
- drizzle the grenadine slowly over the back of a spoon into the shot. (see video) to create the layers.
- Garnish with a cherry on the side.
Please watch the video below for a complete recipe demonstration.
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 0g