Keto egg roll in a bowl is a healthy, light satisfying meal with coleslaw mix, onions and shredded carrots.
Add in Rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and Hoisin sauce for an interesting Asian style meal.
MORE…Low Carb Recipes:
Search for both Keto and low carb on the blog for more delicious low carb and keto recipes like these.
Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe:
This is a great recipe with lots of versatility. Make it your way.
Coleslaw mix and mostly bottled ingredients makes this super easy keto cabbage recipe ridiculously fast to make.
This recipe is also a good lunch for the office as it holds well and the flavors meld together even better the next day.
Stove top egg roll in a bowl keto meal requires only a small amount of actual prep.
And that prep is easily done while the turkey browns in your skillet.
When the turkey goes into the skillet to brown.
- Chop the white onions,
- shred your carrots
- mince up the green onions for garnish. (set aside for garnishing)
- If you enjoy bell peppers chop them up now too.
In your deep skillet (or dutch oven) on medium heat:
- Add the onion and seasonings to your browning turkey.
- Add the shredded carrots and coleslaw. Stir.
- cover the skillet and cook five minutes until coleslaw is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds. Serve.
We love to hear from you.
Let us know your favorite way to make this low carb recipe for your family. Tag us on instagram with your pictures. We love to share them in our stories. 🙂
Helpful Amazon Products:
Your Printable Recipe Card:
The print out the recipe below and follow our video recipe demonstration of this recipe for a complete guide to this keto dinner.
Keto egg roll in a bowl is a healthy, light satisfying Asian meal with turkey, coleslaw mix, onions and shredded carrots. Add in Rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and Hoisin sauce for an interesting Asian style meal. Make it on your stove top in under 30 minutes.
- 1 Lb. Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 large white (or yellow) onion
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions (thinly diced for garnish)
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 16 oz. Coleslaw mix. (available in the bagged produce section of most groceries)
- Dice up the onion and shred the carrot.
- Thinly slice two green onions. Set aside for garnishing.
- Set a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Break up the ground turkey and brown it in the hot pan.
- Add onions.
- Add rice vinegar, sesame oil and minced garlic.
- Pour in 1/4 Cup soy sauce (or gluten free tamari ), ground ginger and hoisin sauce.
- Stir in the grated carrots and coleslaw mix.
- Cover and let cook five minutes until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds
- Serve garnished.
Add your favorite low carb veggies like peppers for extra flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 81mgSodium 1020mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 38g