The painkiller cocktail is a delicious blend of pineapple juice, cream of coconut, orange juice, and dark rum.
This tiki drink is sweet and smooth with hints of dark rum. The recipe has a rich history with Caribbean origins.
For a fantastic poolside refreshment make the Painkiller. And dream your Pirate Island dreams.
More Yummy Tiki Drinks:
And then there’s these beauties….
Painkiller Cocktail Recipe:
However, There is more to the story. Eventually Pusser’s rum took the recipe over and made it their signature drink. Always giving credit to Daphne for the original inspiration.
Your printable Recipe Card:
Below is our printable walkthrough of this cocktail. If you print out the recipe the pictures will not print. This is to save you ink and paper. Enjoy!
The painkiller cocktail is a delicious blend of pineapple juice, cream of coconut, orange juice, and dark rum. This drink is sweet and smooth with hints of dark rum.
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. Cream of Coconut
- 2 oz. Dark Rum
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Pineapple wedge or orange wheel
- Maraschino cherry (for accent color)
- Chill the glass ahead about 15 minutes.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker
- Pour rum into shaker
- Measure juices into cocktail shaker.
- add coconut cream
- Seal and Shake the cocktail shaker until very cold (about 30 seconds)
- Add ice to your glass. We used a 12 oz. tom collins
- Pour the Painkiller into your glass.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over top.
- Add pineapple wedge on side of glass
- Finish with maraschino cherry if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 274
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your pics of our Homemade Food Junkie Recipes. We love to see what you do with them.
We like comment and share your pics of our recipes to our daily stories for fun and collaboration.