Fat Head Pizza Dough is a KETO approved recipe the whole family will enjoy. Make Fat Head Pizza Dough in just a few minutes. This easy pizza crust is full of flavor, satisfying, and has good firm structure. Load it up with your favorite toppings. Give up some Carbs but NOT Pizza night!
Having a KETO couple in our family is opening my eyes to a whole new way of eating. I’m familiar with low carb and I have cooked and enjoyed low carb recipes …with some serious fall backs to carb heavy comfort foods on a regular basis. Amanda and Nathan have been on the KETO diet for quite a while now. They love the results. They feel good and look fantastic. Very inspirational couple!
I’m learning more about this KETO diet and must say I’m drawn to it. Even though the thought of giving up carbs is agonizing. Dave and I REALLY enjoyed this Fat Head Pizza crust. (Who came up with that name???). I was full at one piece of pizza and sort of forced my self to eat two. I had to eat two for the photo shoot didn’t I? 🙂 But dessert is NOT happening. I’m completely stuffed and feel full and satisfied.
Click Amanda’s pic to go to her you tube video. Watch her make this Fat Head Dough recipe and like and subscribe to her Amanda Sandefur You Tube channel for weekly updates and recipes from her KETO life.
I could NOT believe the instructions told me to microwave the dough ingredients. I’m SO used to working with my yeasted sourdough breads (NOW you know why I resist KETO. I love bread. And making it too!). So I automatically preheated the oven with my pizza stone in it.
I do NOT recommend using your pizza stone for this pizza recipe. I made it work but it was a near thing. This dough on a hot pizza stone instantly begins to cook. Which is not ideal when your still spreading it on the stone.
I was spreading the dough on my preheated pizza stone and realizing I was causing holes to form due to the crust cooking (and sticking to the stone) before I spread the dough out completely. So I stopped fooling with it and baked it with a hole or two. Good news is I didn’t need to worry about the crust bubbling on me since it was well vented.
I was sure the crust would stick to my stone. Fortunately the pizza dough just cooked REALLY fast. Like 5 minutes instead of 10. But the baked crust came off the stone easily enough.
I thought about next time NOT preheating the stone. But I’m worried the crust would definitely adhere to a cold stone. Using a baking sheet would be less stress.
Fat Head Pizza Dough-KETO Approved Recipe:
This is an EASY 30 minute low carb dinner. I was out of garlic powder so I chopped two cloves of raw garlic up. We really loved the flavor garlic added to the crust. Either powder or raw garlic will work in this recipe.
IT IS NECESSARY to use the parchment method of rolling our this dough. The dough WILL STICK to your rolling pin otherwise. The dough rolls easily between the two pieces of parchment paper. I use this same method of rolling out dough for my coconut oil pie crusts too. It works great and the dough peels off the parchment very well.
I used my Homemade Pizza sauce which is optional with this recipe. I enjoy the extra flavor it adds and sauce is…saucy and nice under the ingredients. It does add some carbs to this meal though. So you may have to find another option to keep your carbs way down.
- Pour the Mozzarella cheese, almond flour and cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Stir until it forms into a dough like ball.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tsp of Garlic Powder OR 2 cloves chopped raw garlic, 1 Tbs of Italian Seasoning and 1 whole Egg to the dough ball.
- Mix the dough ball until all the ingredients are blended and form a new dough ball.
- Place on Parchment paper.
- Place second Parchment paper on top of the dough and roll to about 10”-12” in diameter. I rolled mine out to 12 inches and it was very thin. You may prefer a thicker crust. Which means a smaller pizza and maybe a few more minutes in the oven.
- Remove top Parchment .
- Transfer (on the bottom Parchment) to a baking sheet and invert dough side down.
- Peel off the parchment paper and pierce the dough with a fork several times.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the crust browns around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, add your toppings and return to oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve.
Fat head Pizza crust is delicious and holds up well in the hand.
1/4 cup coconut flour can replace the almond Almond flour in this recipe. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 101 Total Fat: 8.3g Saturated Fat: 1.8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 53mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 0.6g Protein: 4.9g
1/4 cup coconut flour can replace the almond Almond flour in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.