Pizza with a cauliflower crust. This is an amazing recipe! A pizza crust made of cauliflower? You bet. Lovely Italian taste and aroma. Very delicious! Our family polished off a 15 inch pizza with this flavorful, low-carb, low-sodium, low-sugar, gluten-free crust and just loved it!
Cauliflower, amazingly, makes a great crust for pizza sauce and toppings. And so healthy! This pizza crust is different to work with than a normal bread crust, to be sure. It requires a plate and a fork since it’s not bread, but a vegetable.
Go for it! It’s easy, takes just about 15 minutes tops to prep and another 12 to bake. Add some homemade pizza sauce, toppings of your choice and broil until they are browned. Beautiful! Give this a try and be impressed.
Impress your friends. Pizza that is good for you starts with this crust! Replace the carbs with dynamite nutrition and wonderful flavor.
I admit I was skeptical about turning a head of cauliflower into pizza crust. This could never work, I thought. My menfolk will hate it. It won’t fill them up. I was wrong on all counts.
They were fine with the crust, loved the pizza and, I noticed later,were not spending the night rummaging in the kitchen for goodies. Pizza and some blackberry Coconut Oil Crumble bars for dessert filled them up perfectly.
Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust:
Please note! The Crust is 51 calories per serving. The Crust is gluten-free, low carb, low sodium and low sugar…. The TOPPINGS and pizza sauce are whatever you like. Please adjust them to suit your dietary needs and remember the toppings will greatly affect the nutrition of your pizza!
This is only a serving suggestion for toppings and pizza sauce.
- One recipe of the cauliflower pizza crust(see printable recipe below)
- 1 Cup of Homemade pizza sauce (I used this one)
- 1 Cup of sliced and diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can olives chopped(or how ever many olives you prefer)
- 1 sweet or hot red pepper cut into long strips(I’m using our Krimson Lee pepper from our greenhouse. So good!)
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 cups chopped, fully cooked ham.
- Make your pizza sauce and let it simmer on the stove on lowest setting, stirring occasionally
- Make the cauliflower crust(recipe below)
- While the crust is baking prepare your toppings
- When the crust is baked remove from oven and spread the pizza sauce over it.
- sprinkle the onion and ham over the pizza sauce
- spread the mozzarella cheese liberally over the ham and onion(to taste)
- spread the olives and pineapple over the cheese
- Top with the pepper strips
- Broil on low setting until the cheese melts and begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and serve
This is a truly excellent, healthy meal. This beautiful crust is cauliflower!
Recipe source: http://dailydishrecipes.com