This Cheesy Garlic Spinach pizza is delicious and fun Pull Apart football appetizer. This is one of those football appetizers that make a perfect addition to your Super Bowl game day spread and help your party goers get into the football mood.
This pizza will start a new game day tradition with its tasty twist on the traditional pizza pie. With easy football snacks like this one gracing your party table, everyone will get in the spirit of the game.
This is a double crust pull apart pizza with a lovely cheesy, spinach filling. Making this recipe into a pull apart football is ingenious. What a great way to serve your guests. Set the pizza on a tray and arrange a few other football Sunday Appetizers around it. Viola! You’re ready for the game.
Your football crowd is going to love circling the table as they just pull off hunks of pizza and graze on your other appetizers. Enjoy!
And the cook will enjoy it too. This is a simple dish to make. Perfect for a party.
You can serve this football appetizer again and again throughout the season at different football events, Right up to Super Bowl Sunday. It will be well received every time.
If you’re hosting a Super Bowl or football-themed party, it is fun to theme up your food presentation with recipes like this football pizza. Adding a touch of football themed decor or adding even more football themed food will also bring on that football vibe.
When you create a football theme with your menu, you add to the excitement of the event and make it even more enjoyable for your guests. Start with this pizza and your football party is off to a great start.
Double Crust Pizza Football Appetizer Recipe:
This is one of those very easy football appetizers to make. It calls for two cans of pizza dough (but you can make your own pizza crusts with recipes here and here if you prefer). With pre-made dough you just make the filling, lay out the dough, cut It to shape and spread on the filling.
Then the top crust lays over the filling and you make the cuts. Twist the long strands on the sides, Bake and serve! you can add the cute laces if you want, or not. it’s up to you.
The vegetarian filling is simple to put together with defrosted frozen chopped spinach, cream cheese, garlic and other spices and cheeses. The filling has a lot of delicious flavor you’re going to love.
You can serve this pizza warm or cold, but it is preferable to serve it hot. You should allow it to cool a bit before adding the laces to the top so they don’t melt too much.
This recipe does make good leftovers for lunch.
Can you Make this Pull Apart Pizza Ahead?
Yes you can make this pizza several hours before baking it. Once it assembled you will need to find room in your fridge for it to chill on its baking tray, raw. Lightly cover the pizza with plastic wrap and you can store it in the fridge right up to baking time.
Our Cheesy Garlic Spinach Pull Apart football appetizer is the perfect addition to your Super Bowl game day appetizers spread. Get ready for a new game day tradition with this tasty twist on traditional pizza. With easy football snacks gracing your party table everyone will get in the spirit of the game.
- 2 cans pizza dough(we used pillsbury classic) Make your crust if you prefer. Sourdough pizza crust recipe here
- 12 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 8 oz block cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 String cheese (for laces)
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium size bowl mix together thawed spinach and cream cheese until combined
- Add in the cheeses, spices, and garlic. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- On parchment paper lay out pizza dough. Stretch dough out until 17 inches at the widest part
- Trace out a large football shape on parchment paper, use that for the dough template.
- Cut a large football shaped section of dough out of each pizza dough.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread the spinach dip on the bottom pizza dough
- Place the other pizza dough on top. Use floss or a ruler to impression 11 even cuts into the top crust with a space in the middle as shown.
- Make 11 even cuts on each side of the football shaped pizza dough (do not score through the center of the football)
- Twist each of the 11 cuts
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 23 minutes or until crust is evenly browned and baked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Using string cheese, cut laces for the top football garnish if desired.
- Serve on a party tray. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 174Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 18mgSodium 342mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 6g
More Football Appetizers and Party Food:
We have so many recipes for easy creative football appetizers. Most of them can be used at any gathering and some of them are even healthy football appetizers. Read our post on 25 Quick And Easy Game Day Appetizers for a complete run down on party food recipe ideas and how to host a football watch party for your friends.
Here’s a few tempting ideas to get you started on your football party menu.
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Delicious Reindeer Puppy Chow
- Essential Home Freeze Drying Equipment
- Considering A Freeze Dryer for Home Use
- Delightful Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes