I discovered Indian Naan bread last summer at our local food co-op. I made homemade pizza using this delicious flat bread and we fell in love with them. Single serving pizzas made with naan bread are easy to customize for picky palates, these pizzas bake in a hurry and save you tons of time. No need to bake a crust. Just slather on the pizza sauce, add toppings and cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Out comes perfect little pizzas ready to eat as you like them!
When I brought home some naan bread this last time I went a different direction with building our dinner. I love the combination of kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes, I had both and used them. I never keep pizza sauce around. It’s easy to make my own whenever I need it in minutes! Bulk Italian sausage added more mediterranean ambiance. Pepperoncini peppers put a tiny bit of zing into them and the Smoked Havarti cheese made a creamy, stretchy cheesy topping with a delightful hint of smokiness.
To make these easy little pizzas:
- Make a pizza sauce from my quick pizza sauce recipe, (or use your own)
- Pan fry bulk sausage until it’s in small bits and thoroughly cooked
- Put your naan bread on a baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Make your pizza sauce and slather it on the naan bread.
- Cut the olives and peppers and grate the cheese.
- Now assemble the toppings as you like them.
- After the toppings are laid out sprinkle the cheese on the top and bake about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings generously on the pizza pie top after sprinkling the cheese over the toppings.
I love the way these pizzas turned out. Dave and I each had one for dinner and we enjoyed them very much! The sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives added a nice Mediterranean touch. The smoked Havarti cheese put a touch of Denmark into this delicious fused blend of flavors from various parts of the world. Nonetheless the Mediterranean flavors dominate these eclectic little pizzas. It’s a happy marriage of flavors and textures. Enjoy!
Need a fast and easy lunch or light dinner? Mediterranean naan pizzas are a great way to bring a bit of fusion Mediterranean into your home for a bite!
- 2 garlic naan bread
- 1 Cup Italian sausage
- 1/4 Cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 Cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 peperoncini pepper
- 1 Cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups smoked havarti cheese-shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place the bulk sausage in a skillet on medium heat. Break it into small bite sized pieces with your spatula. Simmer until done, about 10 minutes
- Combine the pizza sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Lay the Naan bread out on a pizza stone or baking sheet
- Spread the pizza sauce on the naan bread
- Layer the toppings as desired and sprinkle the grated Havarti over the top
- Bake 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned
Amount Per Serving Calories 1143Total Fat 70gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 149mgSodium 2800mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 7gSugar 17gProtein 55g