Decadent and yummy Reeses peanut butter chocolate cupcakes filled with a Reese candy surprise in each one! These cupcakes are so cute and pretty for parties and special events.
We have company visiting us this weekend from Montana. I decided these Reese’s Peanut Butter cupcakes would be a great crowd pleaser. Yes they were!!
Reese’s cupcakes are simple to make and VERY popular with kids AND adults. When I set them out for our company, everyone’s eyes lit right up! I don’t think these are going to last long. Good thing I made 30!I enjoy making special cupcakes with surprises in the middle. Candy cupcakes are a big draw. I have several favorite candy (and frosting) filled cupcakes like Decadent Snickers Cupcakes, Twix Cupcakes recipe and Easter egg cupcakes.
Go to Cupcake corner for more creative cupcake ideas!
Reese s cupcake recipe make a really fun party treat. They are so cute and delicious! Every time I make them I get rave reviews. Bring peanut butter cup cupcakes to your favorite crowd and Enjoy!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe Notes:
Freeze 30 Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups until they are all frozen hard. At least an hour.
The candy MUST BE frozen solid or they will melt right into your Reese cup cake.
These are very simple cupcakes to make. Just follow the instructions in the PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD exactly.
Here’s a quick summary of the process for you.
- Make the chocolate cupcake batter. Set Aside:
- Place a frozen Reese’s peanut butter cup mini in the bottom of each cupcake tin.
- Fill the cupcake liner 2/3 Full with the batter. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (but don’t poke the baked candy).
Your house will fill with glorious chocolate and peanut butter smells as they bake and cool. 🙂
The Frosting and Decorations for these luscious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
The peanut butter frosting is light and sweet with hints of peanut butter running through it. The Genaché makes a wonderful drizzled decoration with a bit of chocolate flavor. The Mini’s pure cuteness and CANDY!
Make the Peanut butter buttercream frosting: Set aside
Make the simple chocolate ganache to drizzle the cupcakes with. Set aside.
Decorate the Reese’s cupcakes:
You can decorate these Reese’s Cupcakes however you prefer. If you want to recreate the Look I went for here’s how.
- Frost the cupcakes with a Wilton 2D tip in a simple swirl pattern. Look at the video to see how to swirl frosting on your cupcakes.
- To Drizzle the ganaché:
- Fill the bag with the genaché Cut the very tip off of a disposable piping bag (or sandwich bag).
- Drizzle the Ganaché over the cupcakes in lines as shown.
- Top the drizzled cupcakes off with a mini Reese’s cup to add a little flair.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
CUPCAKES: FROSTING:: Chocolate Ganache: DECORATING TIPS:
Serving Size: 1 FROSTED CUPCAKE
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 444 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 259mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Protein: 6g