Delicious Twix candy cupcakes have a Twix candy baked right in the middle. AND one on top.
This decadent chocolate Twix cupcake recipe also features a salted caramel frosting recipe that is “To die for”!
It has been so long since I’ve done a cupcake post! I got a little distracted this summer with moving to a new house. We have been doing quite a bit of light home renovating since the move.
If you are looking for way to change up your old brick fireplace take a look. We are delighted with how it came out. It was a Project SO worth doing.
Now For CUPCAKES!
Twix Cupcakes make a perfect comfort food reward. If you’re accomplishing a big house project, celebrating a big event, holiday potluck or just having a really difficult time and need a goody.
These candy bar cupcakes will make you feel special.
Watch me Demonstrate the frosting technique I used for these cupcakes. It’s the same as what you see done here for my Princess Cupcake Dress .I volunteer at a local youth group. Our church Christmas party needed treats. I put my thinking cap on and decided that the kids would like Twix cupcakes. They truly did!
These kid approved desserts disappeared as soon as I put them out. These cupcakes were gobbled up and there were lots of young happy faces with chocolate and caramel all over them smiling at me.
I suddenly have quite a fan club of pre teens and tweeners in our church. They all want to come home and bake with me 🙂
I will probably make these again for Christmas day! This Twix Cupcake recipe is easy and yummy! Grown ups love them too.
Looking For More Cupcake Inspiration? We have several Candy filled cupcakes. And many other delicious varieties of cupcakes your family will love in Homemade Food Junkie’s Cupcake Corner.
Recipe Notes for Twix Cupcakes:
This recipe makes 30 cupcakes so it’s a good choice for a party or large group event. You CAN make this recipe as a sheet cake.
I made these cupcakes using a chocolate cupcake recipe from my popular Chocolate Nutella cupcakes.
TIPS for Success:
- Allow the ingredients to reach room temperature before you begin. This is especially important for your eggs and dairy.
- Do NOT overmix the cupcake batter. The cupcakes will be dense and dry if you mix all the air out of them.
The cupcake frosting is a simple buttercream caramel frosting.
TIPS for success:
- Mix your buttercream thoroughly until it is pale and airy. This may take several minutes (up to five). The improved texture is worth it!
- If you decide to purchase the caramel sauce make sure it is a sauce and not a caramel syrup.
- Here’s our recipe for homemade Buttermilk Caramel Sauce (It is easy and delicious!).
- BUT TAKE NOTE: If you want to make your caramel sauce from scratch you need the thicker consistency of the sauce to hold your buttercream together. Otherwise you will end up with a melting slimy mess.
Cupcakes: Frosting: Decorating:
Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 216 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 166mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 2g
Here is Twix.com if you need the candy!
This cupcake Recipe is published in the online magazine The JaveCupcake Daily!