Adorable and fun! Princess cupcake dress is an easy way for you to make your little princess feel like royalty with their very own Princess cake! No complex decorating skills required! Filled with custard for a creamy, tasty party treat.
Our precious daughter Ellie had her first birthday party last Saturday! I’m now the proud mother of a 1 year old. She had an absolute blast at her party! We had so much fun with all of the family that came out and celebrated with our precious baby girl.
Making The Princess Cupcake Dress:
What’s fun about this Princess cupcake dress is:
- Kids LOVE it! All of Ellie’s cousins adored the look of this cupcake dress and they all actually ate the cupcakes!
- This recipe for the cupcakes and frosting is SO GOOD! Adults and kids will be all over this cake.
- You will be rockstar for making this-Promise!
- You can use any flavor combination, any frosting colors you would like, and theme it different ways! We went with pink for Ellie, This could be colored for Frozen, Sophia, or any disney Princess. Go your own way and create a unique princess cupcake dress. Let me know in the comments what you do with this!
I really wanted to make a cake for Ellie from scratch. You know me! I am a cupcake addict! I went to trusty Pinterest and found lots of really adorable ideas for cupcake dress cakes! This dress is very simple. Just make 30 cupcakes from your favorite recipe, or use mine and learn an awesome scratch recipe you will use again and again!
I used a combination of two of my recipes, for the cupcakes
This is such a light and fluffy cupcake for the Princess Cupcake Dress
I used my basic vanilla cupcake recipe and I filled them with homemade custard. It’s the recipe I used for my Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes recipe. ALL the people who have eaten this recipe are astonished at it’s light fluffy texture, surprise creamy filling and great flavor.
For the frosting:
I used a classic buttercream frosting and substituted the vanilla extract for raspberry extract to make a raspberry buttercream frosting. This buttercream frosting recipe is an adaptation of my buttercream frosting for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcake recipe.
This video shows How to Make the Buttercream Frosting:
Yes, you can go get a boxed cake mix and cut the time of this project considerably if you’re in a hurry. I hope you’ll plan ahead and make this recipe! It’s SO much better tasting than any boxed mix! Even the kids noticed how unusually delicious these cupcakes were! And you’ll know every ingredient you are feeding your family.
TO MAKE THE CUPCAKE DRESS:
- You need 30 cupcakes.
- Place them in the prescribed design combination on a cookie sheet or other flat surface.
- I wrapped a poster board in wrapping paper to get the cute pink polka dot background.
- The cupcake design combination is as follows:
- Lay them out in rows, as pictured, like this: 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 4, and 4.
- Just scoot them close to each other and get to frosting!
The frosting decoration technique is simple. Watch the Video to learn!
Here is how I finished the dress:
I recommend practicing on a sheet of parchment paper before testing out your newfound skill on the cupcakes! This recipe makes 36 cupcakes so you will have a few extra to practice the rose swirl on.
Once you are a master at the rose swirl design (this will happen quickly)
- Pipe all 30 cupcakes with the rose swirl design
- Arrange the cupcakes on your cupcake board in the dress design
- Fill in the holes between the cupcakes with little star dots of frosting. (See the picture below)
- Place white pearl candies on top of the stars to give them a little extra pop if desired.
Finishing the dress with Princess bling:
The Princess cupcake Dress is really simple to make and so much fun! Decorate the dress as desired. Helpful Affiliate links for you below. Every little princess needs a bit of bling on her dress. The dress add on also make cute dress ups!
If you purchase from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.