This Quick and easy to make Lemon almond bread recipe makes a light, dairy free quick bread loaf. Pour on the lemony, zingy glaze and sliced almonds for a decadent upscale twist on this delicious bread.
I absolutely LOVE quick breads. I devour them single handedly if intervention from other family members, (“Hey, save some for me!”) fails to occurs in a timely manner.
This Lemon almond bread is an excellent recipe. It’s Easy to make and very rewarding. You might find it a little sinful and pretty enough to put out on a tray at a party! I made two loaves (For two loaves you need to DOUBLE this recipe) with my three year old granddaughter the other day and the family devoured one loaf that same afternoon!
Give This lemon bread a try. It is a nice fresh, flavor for spring. It also adds a wonderful counterpoint flavor for any season. This makes an easy lunchbox or snack bread too!
I enjoy baking with my granddaughters. We all get very excited about the process of baking. There is so much energy and creative talent involved. You know, cracking eggs, stirring and whisking in the ingredients. Pouring that gloppy batter into a greased pan (“Why greased Grandma”?) The magic of food is so involving on SO many different levels.
This is a wetter bread as you can see from the pictures. It holds together well and the extra moisture makes for a party tray bread that won’t get too dry when cut and left out for an hour or so.
Lemon Almond Bread Recipe Notes:
266 Calories / Slice
- Fat 15% 11 g
- Carbs 12% 40 g
- Protein 6% 3 g
Lemon almond bread is a light, dairy free quick bread loaf covered with a lemony, zingy glaze and sliced almonds.
For the bread:
- 1 -1/2 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup melted and well warmed coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnishing the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with coconut or other oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.(NOTE: The coconut oil may solidify if it gets too cold. Just put it in the microwave for a minute or less to warm the wet ingredients to 76 degrees, the melting point of coconut oil and it will combine well.)
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze of the lemon almond bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the bread. Cut and serve
To make this recipe in mini loaf pans oil three mini loaf pans and bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving Calories 266
Recipe adapted from Two peas and their pod