Delicious Moscato cupcakes with strawberry frosting. These delectable light and fluffy cupcakes make perfect treats for Valentine’s day, a wedding reception, bridal shower or girls night out.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! I’ve been scheming cute cupcakes to make worthy centerpieces for Mother’s Day gatherings. I found this delicious moscato cupcake recipe. My husband picked the strawberry frosting flavor. This is an absolutely delicious combination of flavors! Yep! Your mama will love this thoughtful foodie gift. This recipe is great for any party!
I love making cupcakes for my hubby and for our friends and family. You will find several of my favorite cupcake recipes at Homemade Food Junkie cupcake corner . All of my cupcake recipes are homemade from scratch and delicious!
These Moscato cupcakes are light and airy. Reminiscent of angel food cake. The frosting is made with a fresh strawberry puree, bursting with the flavors of fresh strawberries.
I’ve come to really love cooking with alcohol. My cupcakes come out the lightest and fluffiest when I add alcohol into the recipe. So far I have made champagne cupcakes (which is the same recipe as this one just substitute the wine for champagne). I have also made Chocolate guinness cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day and blue moon cupcakes with my husband’s favorite beer.
Step out of your comfort zone a little bit and try cooking with alcohol. I have been pleasantly surprised every single time I use it!
Moscato Cupcakes Decorating Tips;
This Video Tutorial demonstrates how to create the Rose Swirl Pattern For these cupcakes. It’s so easy!
You may use any frosting method you prefer. If you want to make this rose swirl design take a close look at our video tutorial above. I demonstrate how to do two tone Rose Swirl frosting technique. You will see the entire process, including how to correctly load your decorator bag. This is EASY with a Wilton 2 D tip! Try it!
Prepare your Cupcake by cutting off a high rounded cupcake top as shown below. This will enhance the look of your rose swirled frosting and make it easy to start.
To decorate as I did use these steps:
- Divide your buttercream frosting in half into two separate bowls
- Color one frosting bowl in your favorite pink Wilton gel food coloring. Paste colors are much brighter and won’t ruin the frosting consistency)
- Combine both frosting colors into 1 piping bag. (Watch the video to see how this is done)
- Pipe frosting into a bowl until both colors are coming out at once.
- Pipe any desired swirl decoration on top of the cupcakes. I’m using a 2D Wilton tip. The 2 D tip is absolutely necessary for this rose swirled pattern.
- If your frosting gets too warm you will NOT have ideal results. Your hand will warm the frosting as you pipe the design. To keep it chilled just throw it in your fridge in the decorator bag for a few minutes occasionally. Not too long or it will get impossible to squeeze out of the bag.
Here is your printable Recipe:
Delicious Moscato cupcakes with strawberry frosting. These delectable light and fluffy cupcakes make perfect treats for Valentine's day, bridal or baby showers and your next party or girls night! Theme them for Any party table with different colored frosting.
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of sweet moscato wine
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp strawberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine wine, eggs, and vanilla
- In a second medium bowl,sift together cake flour, salt, and baking powder
- Use an electric mixer to beat together 2 sticks of softened butter and granulated sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes
- With the mixer on low speed, add about 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/3 of the wine mixture.
- Alternate the flour and wine, mixing until well combined.
- Put cupcake liners in tins.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. (Do not fill all the way to the top, this will make big round domes on your cupcakes)
- Bake at 350F degrees for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown on the top.
- Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out cleanly.
- beat softened butter in a mixer until it is pale in color and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar slowly
- Next, add in vanilla extract.
- Mix in the 3 tbsp of strawberry puree last.
- To make the strawberry puree:
- Place 1 cup of fresh strawberries into a food processor and blend until it is a liquid puree.
- Decorate any way that you wish.
The total time on this recipe reflects the time it takes to cool and frost the cupcakes as you see in the post. The prep for just the cupcakes is about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g
For a cute Mother’s Day idea I made this adorable cupcake bouquet with the Moscato cupcakes! Think about this for a birthday party, Valentine’s Day, bridal or baby shower or any event where a foodie bouquet will make a nice accent!
These Moscato Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting are showcased on Buzzfeed
Recipe for frosting adapted from: thebakerupstairs.com