Sausage and Potatoes skillet recipe is made with pre-cooked smoked chicken sausage, peppers, onion, potatoes and a smoky sweet dry seasoning.
It’s a tasty meal ready in under 30 minutes. Clean out the fridge with this delicious dinner recipe.
This is the perfect recipe for garden produce or whatever veggies you have in your fridge that fry well. Have carrots, fresh green beans? Slice em up and add them in.
Sausage and potatoes stir fry is a tried and true family favorite.
Having a busy day with no game plan for dinner? If you have potatoes and sausage get the skillet out. In short order you can have a crowd pleasing meal on the table.
More Exciting Potato Recipes:
Potatoes make a variety of excellent recipes. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy potatoes.
- Funeral potatoes are an amazing side dish for any gathering,
- Fully loaded baked potato soup is great comfort food and movie nights.
- Creamy Smoky Potato Salad uses the same smoky seasoning you find in this sausage and potato stir fry. It makes a tasty and unique potato salad.
- Corned Beef Hash is a great recipe for leftover corned beef. It’s great with eggs!
Sausage and Potatoes Stir Fry Recipe:
Brown crunchy fried baby potatoes companion perfectly with onions, sweet peppers and your favorite smoked sausage.
Skillet dinners are a fast way to put a dinner before your family in a hurry. You can also make this for breakfast with a side of eggs and toast. Or have breakfast for dinner with this as an entree.
You can play around with this recipe. Just keep it in the spirit of the original recipe. You want to celebrate that smoky sweet flavor.
Three Things you MUST have:
- Smoked Sausage
- Dry Smoked sweet seasoning
- If you are out of fresh onions and garlic, use dehydrated garlic and onion powders in a pinch. But fresh is best for texture and flavor.
- I most often use smoked Chicken Sausage. Any smoked sausage will work well with this recipe if it gets along with potatoes. One of my personal favorites is Aidells Smoked Chicken Apple Sausage. You can find it at most grocery stores.
- If you have a different potato variety on hand feel free to use them. Just be sure to cut large potatoes into one inch cubes or smaller so they cook fast enough to brown well and get tender.
- You can choose a more robust pepper presence if you like. Roasting peppers like poblanos are great in this recipe. Hotter Jalapeños are great too if you like them. However, sweet peppers are tasty and most everyone will eat them.
- I use a smoky sweet dry seasoning to enhance this recipe. My favorites are Sweet Mesquite Seasonings from Costco, or McCormicks Smoke House Maple.
You may have a personal favorite smoky sweet seasoning blend right in your cupboard. I’d love to know if you have your own favorite sweet smoky seasonings or a homemade recipe for a similar seasoning mix you would like to share in the comments.
The recipe is simple with only a few peppers, onion and garlic added for flavor. However, you can add carrots or whatever vegetable you have that pairs well with smoked sausage and potatoes.
I do NOT recommend broccoli or cauliflower. They are just wrong for this recipe.
This keeps your dinner simple and the mess all in one skillet.
Sausage and Potatoes stir fry is bursting with Garden fresh potatoes, onions, peppers and garlic. All sorts of great flavor and nutrition in this quick N Easy one skillet stir-fry meal.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 red peppers, (Any Heat-seed and cut into thin strips or one inch chunks)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Cups potato (about 12 baby potatoes)-chopped into one inch pieces.
- 2 tsp. Sweet Mesquite seasoning ( Or any similar smoked Dry sweet seasoning)_
- 12 oz. package pre cooked chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until slightly brown and translucent
- Add the prepared pepper and potatoes.
- Continue cooking over medium heat covered until potatoes start to brown.
- Add the sweet Mesquite and stir it all together.
- Stir in the parsley and add the sausage. Cook till sausage is heated through and slightly brown.
- Serve from the skillet.
- You can use any potatoes you have. I prefer red boilers, fingerlings or baby potatoes.
- If you like add chopped carrots in with the potatoes.
- Use a pre cooked smoked sausage of any type you like.
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 52mgSodium 900mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 17g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Root Beer Float Cookies Recipe
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Caribou Lou Drink Recipe
- Blue Motorcycle Drink
- Homemade Applesauce
Delicious! Enjoy your delicious potato sausage dinner!