This Sausage and Potatoes Skillet recipe is made with pre-cooked smoked chicken sausage, peppers, onion, potatoes and a smoky sweet dry seasoning. It’s a tasty 30 minute meal that is nutritious and delicious.
Sausage and potatoes create a hearty base while the veggie options are endless. You can make this dinner and use up any extra veggies you have on hand. Carrots, onions, peppers, and cabbage are all great options for this skillet dinner.
Potatoes make a variety of excellent recipes. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy potatoes.
Sausage and Potatoes Stir Fry Recipe:
Brown crunchy fried baby potatoes companion perfectly with onions, sweet peppers and your favorite smoked sausage.
This crispy potato and sausage meal also makes a great breakfast option when paired with eggs and a warm biscuit.
- Smoked Sausage
- Dry Smoked sweet seasoning
- If you are out of fresh onions and garlic, use dehydrated garlic and onion powders in a pinch. But fresh is best for texture and flavor.
- We most often use Smoked Chicken Sausage. Any smoked sausage will work well with this recipe. One of our personal favorites is Aidells Smoked Chicken Apple Sausage. You can find it at most grocery stores.
- If you have a different potato variety on hand feel free to use them. Just be sure to cut large potatoes into one inch cubes or smaller so they cook fast enough to brown well and cook thoroughly.
- You can choose a more robust pepper presence if you like. Roasting peppers like poblanos are great in this recipe. Hotter Jalapeños are great too if you like them. However, sweet peppers are tasty and most everyone will eat them.
- We use a smoky sweet dry seasoning to enhance this recipe. Our favorites are Sweet Mesquite Seasonings from Costco, or McCormicks Smoke House Maple.
Can you cook Smoked Sausage in a pan?
Smoked sausage is very easy to cook in a pan. For this recipe we slice the sausages into 1/2″ rounds which will cook and brown in about 6-9 minutes. The sausage is added after the veggies and potatoes have cooked through, keeping the sausages juicy and flavorful.
What goes with Smoked Sausage?
Smoked sausage pairs well with nearly anything and can be used as a protein base for a wide array of meals. Peppers and onions are a common companion of smoked sausage, but other veggies such as cabbage, celery, carrots, and even green beans are great choices as well.
Sausage and Potatoes Stir Fry
Sausage and Potatoes stir fry is bursting with Garden fresh potatoes, onions, peppers and garlic. All sorts of great flavor and nutrition in this quick N Easy one skillet stir-fry meal.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 red peppers, (Any Heat-seed and cut into thin strips or one inch chunks)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Cups potato (about 12 baby potatoes)-chopped into one inch pieces.
- 2 tsp. Sweet Mesquite seasoning ( Or any similar smoked Dry sweet seasoning)_
- 12 oz. package pre cooked chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat until slightly brown and translucent
- Add the prepared pepper and potatoes.
- Continue cooking over medium heat covered until potatoes start to brown.
- Add the sweet Mesquite and stir it all together.
- Stir in the parsley and add the sausage. Cook till sausage is heated through and slightly brown.
- Serve from the skillet.
- You can use any potatoes you have. I prefer red boilers, fingerlings or baby potatoes.
- If you like add chopped carrots in with the potatoes.
- Use a pre cooked smoked sausage of any type you like.
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 52mgSodium 900mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 17g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Baileys Vanilla Mint Dream Cocktail
- FlutterNutter Marshmallow Cookies
- Green Punch with Sherbet
- Delicious Fluffy Sourdough Dutch Baby
- How to Make Delicious Whipped Honey
Wednesday 25th of August 2021
I have been amazed at your work. Quite fabulous.
Thursday 19th of November 2020
Do potatoes need to be cooked first
Friday 20th of November 2020
Nope. Just cut the raw spuds and put them in the skillet as directed
Weekly Menu For The Week Of October 24 – October 28 | At Margareta's Haus
Saturday 22nd of October 2016
[…] Friday: Potato Sausage Stir Fry […]
Monday 11th of January 2016
This looks so tasty! I'm making it for dinner. :-) I'm all about one dish meals, for sure!!
Monday 11th of January 2016
Me too Michelle! This one is a keeper for sure!
Thursday 30th of July 2015
I have made sausage and peppers for years ,( it is actually on this weeks menu0, but always served it over pasta. I know we would love it with potatoes also.
Thursday 30th of July 2015
You totally would Cindy! I hope you try this. The seasoned skillet fried potatoes are AWESOME in this meal!