Pork is so good as a sweet meat. Low Carb, gluten free, dairy free Slow Cooker Pork Apple Squash Dinner brings out the pork flavor with sweet healthy companions. Delicata squash, fuji apples and dates combine with balsamic dressing over pork make an easy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
This meal is exactly what crock pots were designed for. Throw all the ingredients in the pot. Walk away for fours hours. Come back to a fully formed meal. In the meantime your house will smell like Fall all day long.
I put this quick to make dinner together and then went and helped my hubby side the house. We are heavily involved in our home remodel right now. He needed me on the roof helping take off our old decrepit siding, not in the kitchen. I’m SO excited to get the remodel done. I don’t want to cook right now!
We have large loads of apples and squash in baskets decorating our home so this meal is what I made. The apples and Delicata squash are harvested from our garden. I love to use what’s in my kitchen to whip up quick dinners like this on busy days. It’s a cheap healthy way to eat. With just a bit of extras out of the pantry dinner is completely finished and I’m on the roof!
[tweetthis hidden_urls=”pic.twitter.com/3SEiOhuWrc”] Love this easy healthy harvest slow cooker meal. #slowcooker #squash #Pork #Apple #Dinner [/tweetthis]
Feed your pups squash too!
As a puppy Sherman discovered corn on the cob in our garden. It was instant love. He kept stealing the cobs, husks and all, right off the stalks. He LOVES any vegetable we feed him. That’s the reason Dave Fenced our garden.
We created our Pumpkin doggy treats just for this guy, although all dogs love them. As I seed the Delicata squash for this dinner Sherman is sitting at my feet anxiously waiting for the guts and seeds.
So a healthy meal for us and a healthy snack for the dogs. (He taught Carson to eat them too, although Carson is still a bit confused about it. But if Sherman likes them, Carson likes them). Don’t waste those seeds! (NOTE: For very small dogs the seeds may not be ok. Squash is always healthy for dogs. Possibly cook it first if your doggy has delicate digestion. Ask your vet)
Slow Cooker Pork Apple Squash Dinner Recipe:
You can make this easy meal with any apples or squash you have on hand. Delicata squash are nice to use because the skin is tender and they don’t require any skinning or fuss. The apples will mush down in the bottom of the pot and create a lumpy applesauce. The sweeter the apple variety, the sweeter the sauce. The balsamic vinegar adds extra zip and flavor to the apples. The chopped dates put that extra sweet point into your mouth with every bite. Just the right flavor accent for the pork and squash.
A word about balsamic vinegars.
I use flavored balsamic vinegars from our local Drizzle store. If you have access to their balsamic vinegars or other products I highly recommend them. I am VERY spoiled on Drizzle oils and vinegars. This is NOT a sponsored post. Drizzle gives neither product or money to me in any form. This link I’m sending you to (Trip advisor review page) is to give you an idea how fun and cool that place is. Try them!! They ship all over America!
So simple to make!
- Add in 1 Tsp. ground or fresh finely chopped ginger. The ginger is excellent with the apples and squash.
- Put the pork roast into the crock pot bottom. I cut my slow cooker roasts into 4 thick steaks so the meat gets thoroughly seasoned and juicy.
- Chop up the apples and throw them in around the pork. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the pork and apples. I’m using blackberry ginger balsamic today. But any will work.
- Chop up the Delicata squash and arrange the pieces over the apples and pork.
- Chop the dates and sprinkle them over all. Cook and serve! No processed sugar! The apples squash, dates and balsamic complement the pork really well.
Do you own an Instant Pot? Use your slow cook function on high for four hours.
Your Printable Recipe:
- 3 Lbs Pork roast
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar I used Blackberry Ginger Flavor
- 4 medium sized fuji apples-chopped
- 1 large Delicata Squash seeded and chopped
- 1 Cup chopped medjool dates
- Cut the pork into 4 equal sized steaks-they can remain attached during cooking but cut part way through to allow flavors inside the meat.
- Lay the pork into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layers the apples into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the balsamic over the apples and pork.
- Add the chopped squash on top of the apples
- Sprinkle the dates over all.
- Cook on high for four hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours until done.
Instant Pot on slow cooker function on high heat for four hours.