Bacon And Egg Croissant Sandwich is a ‘make it in a hurry’ filling breakfast. Full of protein and high in energy, this delicious Sandwich will stay with you in the best way, throughout your busy morning!
Busy days require a high energy, high protein breakfast to get us off to a great start. Dave has a very high energy life. He can’t be kept still most of the time. He runs and operates his own drywall company and does the lion’s share of heavy work in the garden and greenhouse as well.
I have started to help, now that I’m home all day. So I’m getting busy outside too. Mowing our yard is a big project. And weeding….you know all you want to know about our weed war, I’m sure. suffice it to say, High energy breakfasts work well for us.
We love omelets, and I make them fairly often. They do take a little extra time, with all the veggie chopping, cheese shredding and what not we love in them. On a day when speed matters, because I need to catch Dave before he’s running out the door to work or some project, I set the frying pans on and cut croissants to toast.
You can have a scrumptious, healthy breakfast on the table in the time it takes to cook the bacon. Even faster If you cook the bacon ahead (as I did this weekend) and hold over the extras in the fridge( just zap them in the microwave for a minute on a paper towel, to heat).
Cooking an egg over easy and toasting a croissant takes less than ten minutes. And you have this lovely, filling, yolky protein rich breakfast sandwich, with very little mess.
I’ll often do the breakfast and make Dave’s lunch and coffee for his thermos simultaneously, so no extra time is needed to make this sandwich. It’s all about the time management.
Yes, instant oatmeal or cold cereal is faster. But for good morning food fuel, try this breakfast. It has more overall nutrition and staying power. It’s not full of sugar and unpronounceable chemicals, and it’s extremely tasty!
Choose Healthy Organic Eggs:
Nutrition wise, pasture grown organic eggs are amazingly good for you. WHFoods is an excellent source of well-researched information on all sorts of food. I highly recommend you click the link and go see all the amazing benefits of adding the pasture grown, organic, eggs into your diet.
We do raise our own chickens. We love the high-quality eggs they add to our diet. Bacon is just a wonderful morning treat. Everything is so well flavored by that smoky yummy flavor.
We do use natural Hempler ham, locally produced by a family that makes this bacon without nasty chemicals.
Bacon and Egg Croissant Sandwich RECIPE NOTES:
- You’ll notice there are no sauces or cheeses in this recipe. They really are not needed. The runny egg works for the sauciness and the bacon is a wonderful flavor with the egg. If you really want to load up on the goodies; add cheese, sauces, pepper strips or whatever you can fit on the croissant! It’s all going to taste wonderful. The calories are going to jettison to the sky, of course.
- Making the eggs properly is a big part of this post.
- Start with a nonstick frying pan about 6 or 8 inches round over medium-low heat.
- Use really good quality eggs for the best nutrition. Don’t break the yolk when you crack the shell 🙂
- You’ll notice I don’t use butter. I normally use coconut oil to make eggs. The oil won’t burn like butter can. This keeps the eggs beautiful. Extra healthy coconut oil will add another boost to your day.
- Add a tablespoon of water and cover the eggs tightly until done. This is how the top is cooked without turning them over.
- That how to make a perfect egg, just done on the top and gorgeously yolky.
- Last tip! Slide your eggs out of the frying pan. The spatula is only for guiding the egg to its proper destination.
Enjoy your breakfast!
This sandwich is featured in the Eat Healthy Breakfast Sandwich Recipes roundup by Greatist.com